1989 Mercury 200 Black max for sale or trade (PULLED)

Discussion in 'BUY AND SELL - MAKE $$$ - GET CHEAP DEALS' started by Bill in SC, Nov 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Folks, I've decided to sell or trade the Merc 200 Black Max that came on my Ski Barge. Simply put, it's just too much motor for our river, and fuel consumption is a key issue for me. The motor is SUPER TIGHT, and runs as smooth as a Swiss watch. It only has roughly 150 hours on it, and is as clean as a pin. It comes with all controls, and I can give a demo run for any interested parties. I'd like to get 3K for it, or trade for a 70hp or so engine with power trim. I'll try and get some pics up of it real soon, outside and inside the cover. She is a VERY STRONG runner.
    Bill in SC

2. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]This 200 hp Mercury is a carburated version with an oil injection system. The advantage to these outboards is that they are the simple 2-stroke non-direct injection models so repairs can be made easily by most mechanics. Parts are less expensive than more modern direct injection outboards.[/FONT]

3. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    How fast does it push that boat and how bad is the fuel mileage. As you know I just bought a sea Barge with a 65 of unknown condition and looking for more power. I have a need for speed. :wink:

4. loanwizard

State:
    Coshocton,
    PS I'd rather travel south than north if you get my "drift" lol!

5. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Shawn, the 200 Merc Black max pushes my 20 foot Ski Barge 45 mph. These barges are WIDE, and thus slows the boat down. My boat has special braces to accommodate the big engine. I think these long barges are rated for a 115 hp., max. As for fuel consumption, I used 15 gallons last Friday night and Saturday morning. TOO much for my liking. That is the ONLY reason I am downsizing!
    BB in SC

6. loanwizard

State:
    Coshocton,
    What do you think that 65 will do? 20-22mph?

7. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Sounds about right. My bud has a 15 foot Fishin' Ski barge with a 65 and it runs about 31 or 32.
    BB in SC

8. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Reduced to $2900 firm, or trade for good 90 to 115 hp engine. See pic. BTW: I did the tourney last weekend on 9 gallons, and I did some high speed cruisin'.
    Bill in SC

Attached Files:

9. rmoran171

rmoran171 New Member

State:
    Cedar Grove In
    I have a 1978 pro-craft w/ a 70hp evinrude. I also have a 1987 140hp johnson vro. If your interested in a trade just pm me.

10. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I have decided to just keep the 200. God, it's sweet! We covered a LOT of ground yesterday on the river and only used 9 gallons of fuel. It seems to be the most efficient at around 2800 rpm. Paul, if you could, please remove this thread, and I appreciate the interest, folks. GLAD no one sprung for it initially! :big_smile:

Bill in SC

11. Cajunkicker

Cajunkicker New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I have a 60 hp Evinrude with power trim, controls, stainless prop that runs great I'd be interested in trading. Looking to upgrade, no mechanical issues with motor. Do you still have this motor?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.