1984 115 johnson water pump

Discussion in 'Bubba's Outboards' started by billcatfish, Apr 6, 2008.

1. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    was looking to know how to pull the lower unit offf to replace the impeller thanks for any help

2. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Bill, I think there is an article in the library which discusses that feat. May not be for the same size motor you have, but the principle is the same. I'd recommend you get a manual for your motor. That will enable you to preform a lot of the maintenance yourself and save you many times over the cost of the manual. Matter of fact, try this link...

http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51111

3. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Bill your shift connector should be down under the carbs on that engine and ain't no biggie to get loose.

Thanks Lawarence for putting that link up I wish they would make it a sticky for the top.

4. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    just asking why does the shifter need to be on hooked

5. dafin

dafin New Member

State:
    Manhattan,Kan
    The shift rod comes out with the lower unit. don't forget the bolt under the trim tab.I installed a new pump in my 115 last fall.

6. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    thanks guys for the help got it off an the pump put back togather going to put lower unit back on tomarrow thanks

7. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    should have called i would have came and helped you.....:smile2::smile2:

8. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    When you reassemble the lower unit, make sure the water tube goes into the part on the foot. Otherwise it will slip to the side, and after you have it all together and run the motor to test it, it won't pump water out the holes. Then you have to take the lower unit back off and keep doint it until you get it right. LOL The voice of experience speaks loudly.

9. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    LOL at awshucks. Been there and done that.:wink: