I picked up a boat and motor earlier this last spring. The motor is a 1977 20 hp mercury (model merc 200). This motor runs fantastic and is very reliable. The issue I had with it was that the previous owner had covered the whole motor in flat black paint some years back. I really did not like the appearance it had like that. So, I went to work and scuffed and sanded the whole outside of the motor. Then I used some glazing compound body filler to fill in the worst of the chips and dings the motor recieved over the last 30 yrs and again sanded everything smooth. I then primed it, painted it, wet sanded it, and clear coated it. I took the wrap around portion of the cowl to a local sign maker and he covered the center section of it with Advantage Max 4 HD camoclad and custom printed the mercury badging in white with a black shadow. I then clearcoated over the vinyl work. I apologize, but I did not take any before pics, but here is what the finished product looks like. I apologize for the lack of quality in these pics, but when I am done working on the boat that this motor usually hangs on, you will see it better.