1977 merc decals

Discussion in 'Bubba's Outboards' started by Brentkeele, Sep 20, 2008.

1. Brentkeele

Brentkeele New Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    Does anybody know where to find replacement decals for a 1977 Merc 200, 20HP. I checked OldMercs.com and most of their decal sets are for the old Mark motors and older. This motor runs fantastic, I'd just like to make it look like it runs.

Any tips would be appreciated

Thanks,
    Brent

2. BailBonds

BailBonds New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I've bought old Mercruiser decal sets on eBay.

3. Brentkeele

Brentkeele New Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    Thank you, I'll give it a try

4. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    I have a guy in Florida that remakes them and I'll see if I can locate his email addey for you. I would first take it to a local sign maker that makes stick on vinal signs and see if he can match them.

5. Brentkeele

Brentkeele New Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    Thanks Bubba, I appreciate it. After having no success online or at most of the shops around, I checked one last shop. After finally finding the part number, it was listed as NLA (no longer available). The price listed at the last point it was available was about 85.00. So if originals can be found in some dealers old inventory somewhere, the price is going to be more than I am willing to pay.

With this in mind I went to a local vinyl sign shop and decided to have some fun.

I've just finished painting the motor with the Phantom Black paint and I am very pleased with it. The sign shop owner and I were playing with some ideas and what I decided was this.

The strip on the wraparound cowl that is approx 2 inches tall is going to be covered in vinyl camoclad in Advantage Max4 HD pattern. On top of that will be the white vinyl mercury insignia in the old school font shadowed in black.

He is pretty backed up right now so it will be a coupla weeks. I am pretty excited to see the finished product. I'll post pics when it's done.

Thanks for the help