1977 Fisher Marine w/ 77 merc 20hp

Discussion in 'Boat Modification Journal' started by Brentkeele, Oct 24, 2008.

1. Brentkeele

Brentkeele New Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    I neglected to take any pics when I bought this boat this last summer. I also neglected to take any pics once I tore it apart. I did, however, take pics of it as it sits today. I am not near done. I have plans for a rod rack, livewell, and a whole bunch of rod holders. I am also toying with the idea of some camo clad on the exterior. The interior wall on the starboard side is not yet installed. That is the side that all of my wiring will be and I have not finalized my plans on that yet. I still have one more depthfinder to purchase (thinking real hard about the 797 with side imaging) but can't make up my mind which one will get the nod. I also have to wait for the cash flow to improve (prob after christmas). But, anyway, here she is for the time being.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for looking. I appreciate all of you who have posted your projects. It has helped come up with ideas on how to do something, as well as just flat out inspiring me to continue with my projects. Hat's off to you, my brothers!!

2. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Looks good man! Can't wait to see it after you get it all done.

3. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Hmmmm, when did you acquire that project? It looks familiar in sever ways to me. Looking good. What size is the boat? Thanks for the pics, now I have a real good idea what this extra one in the drive might look like with a few of the innards missin :wink:
    [​IMG]

4. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Great looking boat, congrats and good luck in the taking it out

5. smokey869

smokey869 New Member

State:
    frederickt
    looks nice, have fun with it

6. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    Brent what is that material you used for the floor and sides?

7. Brentkeele

Brentkeele New Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois

8. Brentkeele

Brentkeele New Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    Hey Randy, I think that this thing was very similar when it was purchased new, with the exception of the decks. My father-in-law purchased the boat, motor, and trailer new in 77. It was originally a console steer boat with some "furniture" in it. He, at one time, changed it over to tiller steer and removed the console. It was originally blue carpet over everything, but time took it's toll on it and it sat for quite some without use. I had been after him for a coupla years and this summer he shot me a price and I jumped on it. I then stripped it down to the stringers and started fresh. I am pretty pleased with it so far and thoroughly enjoy going out to the garage (my sanctuary when I am not fishing or hunting) and continuing the progress, even if it's just doing some thinking about the next step. Did you just pick that one up?? If ya need some help or whatever, you have my phone number!!!

9. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Actually "We" did earlier this year, and yesterday, It "found" a new home, I had no idea that was the boat you were describing that night a Coffeen, about freaked when I seen the pics, LOL. that was going to be the plans for it, but I just decided I have no reason for two of them right now, so after oh 1000 of Craig's finest, one finally showed up that was ready to part with the friendly Mr. Fraklin(s) :wink: Have an eye on a couple things, just not sure if YOUR ready for another project just yet :smile2: :smile2:

10. Brentkeele

Brentkeele New Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    Randy, I was BORN ready!!:smile2::smile2:

11. Carolina Cat Crew

Carolina Cat Crew New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    looking good, keep up the good work, can't wait to see the finished product.