1976 Mitchell Garcia 8600 reel

Discussion in 'Salt Water Fishing' started by cld3693, Jul 2, 2009.

1. cld3693

cld3693 New Member

State:
    va
    I was wondering if anyone had an opinion on what a like new 1976 Mitchell Garcia reel would be worth today. I know that because of the transmission that they are a rare find. I used mine the year that I bought it but only twice since then so it is still in perfect condition. My email address is cld3693@yahoo.com if you might know the answer to this question.

2. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    First off Cindy welcome to the BOC ...Most people don"t even know that Mitchell/Garcia had A reel lol... I have one of the old white reel's in excellent shape ......Do you have a pic of your reel?

3. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    I have an old garcia mitchell saltwater surf reel that was my fathers, it is in excellant condition. I think the newer spool designs allow for more further casting it doesnt cast as far but it is a great reel. he bought it new around the early 1960's

4. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    i have a white garcia mitchell on a glass rod that i just aquired from a man and i gave 12.50 for it.the same man had a penn model 65 on a split bamboo rod and i got it for 12.50 to.if it gets lucky even an old blind sow can find an acorn now and then.no i dont fish with these old rods and reels i just collect them.

5. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    I also have an old DAM quick reel that was my grandfathers

6. recordbreakin1

recordbreakin1 New Member

State:
    texas
    I havew an old garcia mitchell reel that was made in the 60's and its in great shape.I have looked at some on ebay and they run between $20 and $120.