1976 Arrow Glass Tarpon 5 Fiberglass Boat

Discussion in 'Boating' started by The Catfish Stalker, May 3, 2008.

1. The Catfish Stalker

The Catfish Stalker New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Just as the title says, I have a 1976 Arrow Glass Tarpon 5 Fiberglass Boat and right now I have a 40 hp motor, but I was wondering if anyone knows what the motor capacity for that kind of boat would be. I've looked all over the boat and I've checked around, but know one seems to know. If anyone could an answer this question, I would greatly appreciate it.

2. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    FRIST WELCOME TO THE BOC AND THERE SHOULD BE A PLATE INSIDE YOU WITH THE MAX WEIGHT AND THE MAX H.P.

HOPE THIS HEIPS YOU:smile2:

3. The Catfish Stalker

The Catfish Stalker New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I saw a plate, but all it said was "80 940" so I'm assuming an 80 hp with 940lbs then. Thank you very much for you help.

4. cheetah75

cheetah75 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Stalker,

I have a 75 Arrow Glass Cheetah and the company brochure that includes the Tarpon5. It lists rated for 80 hp and the number you gave is the capacity. If you like I can try to email you the page from the brochure.

there is an Arrow Glass website you are welcome to join. The moderator was a former AG employee and is well versed on the company and products of that era. For their time, they were a quality company between Glastron and Sea Ray.
    Mike
    http://arrowglass. phpbb.net