1968 RUNABOUT ( SKI AND BASS )

Discussion in 'Boat Modification Journal' started by LEROYDOZOIS, Aug 24, 2008.

1. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    KILLER DEAL OF $ 34 TO HAVE IT PUT IN OUR NAME :smile2:

MADE BY GULFSTREAM, THE PERSON WE GOT IF FROM ( IT WAS HER GRANDFATHERS ) AND IT WAS HIS PRIDE AND JOY.... ABSOLUTLY NOTHING DONE TO THE HULL... ( I MEAN NO SCRATCHES NOTHING !!!!!) THE ONLY PROBLEM WAS IT SAT IN THEIR FRONT YARD FOR 10 YEARS SO THE JELCOAT IS FADED BUT A DETAILER TOLD US THAT THE COAT WAS PROTECTED FROM TOP FADED COAT :confused2:

HE WAS RIGHT THOUGH CASUE I TOOK A RAG AND THE HOSE AND BUFFED OVER THE LOGO, THE BOAT WILL LOOK EXELENT WHEN WE GET IT DONE....

AND THATS NOT THE BEST PART!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MOTOR STILL TURNS OVER!!!!!!!!!!!
    90% OF THE ELECTRICAL WORKS !!!!!!!!!!!!
    THE STARTER SYNOLOID DIED BUT A CHEVY STARTED IS LIKE $50 OR SOMETHING !!!!!!!!

THE SEATS ARE ALL REMOVABLE AND FOLD TO MAKE A BED PLATFORM ( WE CAN MOVE THEM TO PUT A LIVE WELL IN OR WHATEVER )

NOT BAD FOR $34 HUH :cool2:

PICS INCLUDED

Attached Files:

2. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    MORE!!!!

Attached Files:

3. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    ONE PIC SHOWS THE COLOR NOT FADED AND WHAT IT SHOULD LOOK LIKE WHEN WE TAKE RUBBING COMPOUND TO IT

Attached Files:

4. OhioRiverCatfisher

OhioRiverCatfisher New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Congrats on the boat...for $34.00 you got a steal! Let us know how it goes...

5. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Pretty sweet, man. Enjoy it!

6. OttoDita

OttoDita New Member

State:
    Ontario, canada
    That's a killer deal bro!!! Congrats! Nice to hear she was so cheap :)

Thanks for sharing!
    Shane

7. riverbud55

riverbud55 Well-Known Member

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    hEY LEROY KILLER DEAL CONGRATS, THE GOOD THING ABOUT BEING OUT IN THE DESERT IS YA WONT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT THE FLOOR BEING ROTTED OUT , YA GOT THE 120HP OR THE 160HP? 1ST THING IS TO GET THE WATER PUMP IMPELLER CHANGED OUT THE DRY HEAT IS REAL HARD ON THEM , KINDA PAIN WITH i/o GOT TO HAVE SOME SMALL AND NIMBLE HANDS TO DEAL WITH THE BELLOWS HOSE CLAMPS, BUT WORTH THE TIME AND MONEY:wink:, IT WILL GET WATER WITH A HOSE AND MUFFS BUT AS SOON AS YA PUT IT IN THE WATER YA MITE BE HAVING PROBLEMS SUCKING UP ENOUGH WATER, DUDE TAKE SOME AJAX OR COMET TO THE FIBERGLASS YOU'LL BE AMAZED WHAT IT CAN DO IN A HURRY, DON'T LAUGH, YA USE IT ON YOUR SHOWER RIGHT? THEN SOME WAX

GOOD LUCK SHOULD MAKE FOR A GOOD RIVER BOAT, JUST WATCH OUT FER THE 40' 100MPH ELIMINATORS!!:crazy:

HOPE TO SEE YA OUT THERE SOME DAY:wink:

8. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona

OH YESS !!!!!!!

PRETTY MUCH EVERYTHING THAT IS NOT METAL IS ROTTED OUT OR HAS TURNED INTO LAQUER THINNER AND WILL SOON BE ON THE LIVING ROOM TABLE :smile2::roll_eyes::smile2::roll_eyes:

GRAMPA KEPT IT REALLY NICE AND I TOOK OUR PRESSURE WASHER TO THE JEL COAT YESTERDAY AND AFTER THE POWDER IS GONE IT LOOKS BEAUTIFUL......

WE HAVE THE 120 HORSE MOTOR AND BY THE LOOKS OF IT IT WASNT USED MUCH...... OVER ALL THE BOAT IS AMAZING FOR BEING 40 YEARS OLD ALONG WITH IT BEING SETTING IN THE SUN FOR ABOUT 12-15 YEARS..... MY DAD THINKS THAT IT WAS SITTING FOR 5-6 YEARS BUT GRAMPA DIDNT JUST UP AND DIE AND LEAVE THE BOAT SITTING THERE ......

THE HYDRALICS CRAPED OUT AND HE PROBABLY STOPED USING IT SO IT SAT TILL HE WOULD GET THE MONEY TO FIX IT AND HE GOT DEPRESES AND DIDNT WANT TO DO ANYTHING.....

I WENT THROUGH THAT WITH MY GRANDFATHER SO I HAVE A PRETTY GOOD IDEA WHAT CASUED IT TO SET IN ITS CURRENT CONDITION........ HES ROLLING AROUND IN HIS GRAVE BECASUE THE GRAND KIDS DIDNT CARE ABOUT IT :crazy: AND NOW IT SETS IN A DRIVEWAY AND WILL TAKE A LITTLE TLC TO GET IT RUNNING AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool2: ALONG WITH A STARTER :smile2:

ILL TRY THAT COMMET ON THE JEL COAT!!!!! MY DAD WORKS WITH A GUY THAT DETAILS THOSE 40 FT 150 MPH ELIMINATORS AND HE TOLD HIM HED SHOW US HOW TO USE RUBBING COMPOUND BUT IS ALL THE COAT LOOKS THE SAME WHEN I TAKE A PRESURE WASHER TO IT THEN IT WILL LOOK BEAUTIFUL.......

STRIPER SEASON IS RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER!!!!!!!!!!!!! THEY START BOILING AND WE KNOW THE HOLES THEY LIVE IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:big_smile:

LeRoy

9. One Legged Josh

One Legged Josh New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Good post, Great deal, take care of it, best of luck brother.

10. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    great deal, get that thing on the water

11. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona

the striper boil is acomming up and they aint the best of fighters nor are they the greatiest to eat but they are sure fun to catch :smile2:

actually.............. i cant say that............. they are really good fighters but pound for pound cats are meaner :cool2:

12. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    AFTER POWER WASHING ABOUT 95% OF THE SURFACE AREA

Attached Files:

13. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    !

Attached Files:

14. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    !!

Attached Files:

15. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    !!!

Attached Files:

16. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    SO FAR " I " YESS " I " ( DAD HAS BEEN LAZY) HAVE BEEN CLEANING THE JEL COAT WITH A PRESSURE WASHER AND SCRUBING THE SURFACE WITH COMMIT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT LOOKS GREAT AND KEEPS OUR CLOTHES FROM TURNING WHITE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I STILL WANT TO PULL THE MOTOR OUT AND GET RIG OF THE STEEL TANKS BUT DAD IS TOO LAZY TO WANNA DO IT:0a19:..... BUT I DONT WANT TO HAVE TO :0a17: BACK TO SHORE WHEN THE MOTOR QUITS OR DONT START...

I THINK IM GOING TO TAKE A LOOK AT THE HULL TO ENSURE WE WONT HAVE TO :0a20: ON OUR FIRST JOURNEY:crazy:

LeRoy

17. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    good looking boat congrats

18. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Now that is a heck of a $34.00 deal