Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner

1968 mercury model 39 3.9 HP

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Localhero813 
#1 ·
Does anyone know where i can find a prop for a 1968 mercury 3.9 HP model 39. I was told that nobody makes Them anymore. All help would be helpful.

motor with no prop

#2 ·
A search on the net would be your best bet. There's more sites out there than you know what to do with, and many of them are pertinant to the older motors. 'Keep looking, you'll find one, it just might take awhile.

I just noticed you were in Daytona, it just might be your lucky day.

you'll have to drive a bit, but I'm sending you to the best prop shop I know of. If Mike can't help you, you can't be helped.

Head south on I-95 to rt 50 inTitusville. Head to Orlando, and once you cross the St Johns River, you'll be in Christmas Fl. Halls prop shop will be on the left as you head towards Orlando, and only a couple miles after you cross the St Johns. Take your old prop with you.

#5 ·
Its pretty torn up i was told i could get it redone but it would cost a verry preyyt penny. the guy i bought it from said it will only push the boat very slow at full throttle and that is pretty loud for that slow of speed. matter of fact he told me that the 28 pound thrust trolling motor is alot faster:angry:

it would just be nice to have a little motor that could get me from fishing spot to fishing spot faster before they catch "THE BIG ONE". thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.