1964 16' Crestliner (Modesto, CA)

Discussion in 'BUY AND SELL - MAKE $$$ - GET CHEAP DEALS' started by BigRossi, Nov 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigRossi

BigRossi New Member

State:
    California
    If anyone is interested my dad finally retired his 1964 Crestliner with a 90 hp Evinrude...replaced with a 2003 1700 Superhawk Crestliner 90 hp Honda.

On the old boat the Evinrude still runs. Electric shift...reverse has not worked in quite a long time. We've used this boat just a few weeks ago before getting the new one. She will get you to your hole and back....great hull for rough waters...

I do have pictures...he will get rid of it dirt cheap to get it off the property now that he has the new one...he's owned it for 30 years!!!!

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2009
  2. BubbaCat

BubbaCat New Member

State:
    Arizona
    what is dirt cheap ? have to come a long way.

3. BigRossi

BigRossi New Member

State:
    California
    He listed it for $800. But I'm certain if anyone plopped out $600 he's take it.

4. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    cant beat that price

5. catwhisper

catwhisper New Member

State:
    georgia
    i'm glad you posted this. i gave my brother a 14 foot boat that looks just like that one and the guy i bought it from told me he thought it was a 64 model but didnt remember the name. it had a 40 horse evinrude electric shift and the shift solenoids were about 800 bucks each. the motor ran great but it would jump out of gear. my brother put a 25 johnson on it and gave it to his son. the boat was very stabil and would cut the water like a new knife.

6. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Good luck with the sale....from the looks of the wood under the seats it needs some work.:wink:

7. BigRossi

BigRossi New Member

State:
    California
    Actually the wood isn't that bad. I'm 300 lbs and I walk on it. We used this boat less then a month ago.

8. BigRossi

BigRossi New Member

State:
    California
    My dad always loved this hull and how it cuts water. Also how it leans when it turns. The electric shift works ok and I don't recall it ever jumping out of gear. It's our fault reverse don't work....rebuilt the lower unit...wire came loose. We didn't put the rear magnet in correctly and all the coil wire got pulled out of it. So thats all reverse needs....new magnet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.