222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1962 Starcraft runabout
19 feet long
Aluminum V-hull
120 hp Chevrolet 4 cylinder inboard
Bimini top
Single axle trailer
Could be turned into a cat boat if someone wanted to go that direction.

This boat has sat for the last 3 years. It was winterized after the last run.
Currently cranks (new battery) but doesn't fire. Mechanic said it probably just needs new points.
Also needs new solenoid for up-trim. Simple inexpensive fixes for someone mechanically inclined.

$750 due to issues.

PM me if interested.

Tire Wheel Boat Vehicle Boat trailer

Wheel Tire Boat trailer Vehicle Boat

Water Boat Watercraft Vehicle Lake

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
.wished it was closer nice little boat, always have had a love for a vintage Starcraft, my grand daddy most likely had his hands on it that boat,, worked for Star Tank/Starcraft from the early 40;s to his retirement in 67, tell ya that Mercruiser is a great little motor and outdrive, about as cheap to run and work on as anything out there, had one in a old glastron, can get most any part at any auto parts store; the engine is a 153 cubic inch chevy,, most of the internal rebuild parts are half of a 307 small block, valve train parts, pistons, rods, bearings and it sips the gas

·
Premium Member
11,796 Posts
Aaron, that is a nice looking boat with an outstanding price. Some overhead picks would be good if you can get them to show the layout. With some open space in the back it would be a great catboat. It appears to have storage under the nose also. Always nice to have good storage.

tight lines

·
Registered
Aaron from Indiana
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea Tom I did have a request for pics of the inside, so here they are. Lots of open space under the nose.

Sky Motor vehicle Naval architecture Vehicle Cloud
Hood Motor vehicle Tree Sky Automotive tire
Plant Plant community Hood Motor vehicle Tree
Boat Watercraft Plant Vehicle Plant community
Boat Water Plant Plant community Watercraft

·
Registered
Winston, Indiana
4,343 Posts
That really is a nice clean boat. Gutting the inside would take some serious commitment but there’s a nice rig in there for a brave soul.
I’d have no qualms about taking a Sawzall to the console under the center panel of the windshield and front deck…… Voila, instant walk-thru!!!

…W

1 - 7 of 7 Posts