1860 SeaArk

Discussion in 'Boating' started by Frog Legs, Apr 23, 2008.

1. Frog Legs

Frog Legs New Member

State:
    Illinois
    My buddy is looking at a 1860 SeaArk and has the option of a 40hp. 2 stroke Nissan or a 40hp 4 stroke Suzuki. Has anybody had any experience with either?

2. katcaller

katcaller New Member

State:
    in
    I just bought a SeaArk 1660 with a 25 hp 4 stroke Merk and already wish I would have gone with the 1860 and probably a 50 hp 4 stroke. By the time I put all the things I wanted, 60" live well, extra fuel tanks, 70 lb trolling motor, and a few other gadgets it is just a little too small if I take more than one person with me. katcaller

3. seaark ryan

seaark ryan New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Seaark makes a great boat but I think that a 40 hp would be way under powered. Both are good realiable motors.

4. Angler2007

Angler2007 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I agree that the 40hp might not be enough motor. If I had my choice I would go with the 4 stroke motor.

5. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    IT'S BETTER TO GO WITH A BIGGER MOTOR NOW AND FIND OUT YOUR SMALL MOTOR WANT PLAIN YOU OUT WITH TWO PERSONS IN IT AND THEN THEY MIGHT GIVE YOU 25 CENTS ON THE DOLLAR TRADE IN , YOU NEED TO THINK THIS OUT BEFOUR YOU MAKE A BIG MISTAKE:smile2:

6. huls1

huls1 New Member

State:
    alabama
    i have a 1754 from tracker with a 40 merc and it needs at least a 60 if more anyone goes with me

7. 60lbclub

60lbclub New Member

State:
    virginia
    i just bought a 2072 v-cat and powered it with a 150 evinrude e-tec.....i need to say no more....

8. seaark ryan

seaark ryan New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Have you GPSed your boat? If so how fast is that 150 pusing it? I have the same 2072 hull (not the v-cat it wasen't out in 2006) with a 115 optimax runs 42MPH when it is fully loaded down (water fuel people gear ect.) sometimes I wish I had upgraded to 150hp. If you can send a picture!

9. 4Low

4Low New Member

State:
    Lonoke, AR
    I have a 1760 Weldbilt with a 60 Merc. A 40hp would not be enough.

I just sold a boat with a 30hp Nissan 2 stroke. I LOVED that motor.