18 years

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by CountryHart, Jul 12, 2008.

1. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    My mother passed away 18 years ago today.She was like nobody i ever knew. For years i seen her get up and make daddys breakfast, milk 6 head of cows by hand and still be across the road squirrle huntin by daylite. One year i was squirrle hunting wattensaw bayou from a boat and momma wanted to go along and crappie fish. For probably 2 miles she never got a bite, then tossed in beside a beaver hut and landed a big black crappie. Needless to say all hunting stopped at this time, and i didn't have a pole to fish with.:angry: I set there and watched her fish up all the minnows she had and for 2 days after that, we must have caught 100 crappie from that hut. Momma raised practically everything we eat, would bust fire wood all day long with a sledge and wedge, taught me to hunt and fish because daddy was always working.I can't count the times i've cryed in the woods thinking of her and likely will bawl like a baby again. Miss and love you momma. i hope God has plenty of bait and don't mind paddleing you around.

2. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    You have some that you wil never forget.Really wish I could of known my mother better.For all those who are still lucky enough to have your mother still, Please treat her like a Queen (she is ) and enjoy every moment with her that you can.
    Thanks John for your story of your mother.Makes a person stop and think.

3. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    that sounds like a great woman. im sorry for your loss.

4. ldkitch

ldkitch New Member

State:
    Henderson, KY
    I know how you feel John, it was 11 yrs last month when my Mom died. Her B-day is in a few days, oh I miss her so!! Keep remembering all the good times and things she did for you while you were growing up, their priceless!!!!!!!!

5. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Great Story John! You are a lucky man to have had such a mother. I view my Dad in the same light as you view her. He passed away a little over 2 years ago and I have shed many a tear at the river. Alot of them happy ones. He gave me more than life, he gave me a way of life. I am sure she is watchin over you always and is very proud. Thanks for the touching tribute.

6. germanmudfish

germanmudfish New Member

State:
    Gray, GA
    John that as long as we remember someone, they do not die. I make it a point to remember my Greatgrands, grands and mama everyday. They all loved fishing and mama is even laying to rest in her favorite catfish hole near Yamassee, SC. One reason I spend so much time here is that the fishing leads me to think of them. Thanks for bringing the memories back to me. God Bless you and yours and never forget.

7. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    John, very touching post, thanks for sharing. Sounds like a great women!

8. chambers bd

chambers bd New Member

State:
    Sautee,Geo
    ID SAY SHE IS VERY PROUD OF YOU!:big_smile:

9. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Yes John, we are vary lucky to have moms that made us better people.If not for my mom God knows how I would have turned out. Thankx mom.
    smokey

10. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Excellent post John.

My mother has been gone 20 years this year. I think of her quite often. She loved fishing. I wish I could take her fishing today.

11. yadkinrivercats

yadkinrivercats Member

State:
    mocksville,n.c.
    Very good post John. Thanks for sharing. I know she was proud to have a son like you.

12. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    Pics

Attached Files:

13. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Thanks for the post,John. And thanks Cher for adding the pics. I am very thankfull to have mine still here,And I am thankfull that mom's all cared enough to mold us into what we are.

14. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Thank you for the story John, Makes me wish I'd known her....sounds like a great women.

15. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Thanks for the reminder John.. Mom's of our era were a different breed altogether..

16. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I'm outta juice or i would rep ya all!. Cherie, thank you so much. You'll never know what those pics mean. I was onrey as a kid and things just got worse with time.Wasn't she pretty when she was young? I think she looked best milkin or in a pair of rolled down hip boots settin a mink trap.

17. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    Thanks for all the stories everyone. Makes me think I ain't doin' enough for my parents. With all the turmoil in my life right now I tend to forget all the important people in my life.

18. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
  19. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    great tribute john your mom would be proud.