18 weeks, 2 days smoke free!

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by steve_b124, Oct 15, 2009.

1. steve_b124

steve_b124 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    What do think, make a Santee trip with my savings on smokes at $5 a pack? Buy a new GPS unit? That works out to $640 saved already. It was so easy to quit - all it took was a heart attack! I admit there are days I still want one, but will not smoke one for a $1000. I would just have to quit all over again.:cool2:

2. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    hell yeah! if only more folks could have heart attacks!

3. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    I quit for 17yrs and started back when i was 40+ (forget now) but i smoked for 10+yrs and quit again. It was harder to quit the 2nd time and i even smoked more when i started back. So don't start back:angry::smile2:
    Took neck and shoulder replacement for me to quit. Doc said to give it 7 months before returning to smoking, said it wouldn't heal if i didn't and i would have to have the surgery again in a yr if i didn't. So it was a no brainer.............I just quit for good, didn't have the money to buy them anyway. Looking back i don't even see why i took that kind of money and spent on cig's anyway. Man i was a dodo. Food sure does taste better and you better beware of sweets:smile2:
    Good luck Steve, you will get where you don't even think about it, oh yea, and pray a lot.

4. ammo warrior

ammo warrior Member

State:
    Columbia, MO
    Sorry that you had to learn the hard way, but you are still alive and, in my opinion, have made a fantastic decision. Congratulations for quiting & more power to ya to keep it going. Buy something that will make you smile with your savings. Hang in there & again, Congrats! :cool2:

5. catmandosimpsonville

catmandosimpsonville New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Congrats Steve!! Not on the heart attack :crazy: but on the non smoker

6. ragincajun19

ragincajun19 New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I am in the process myself. No heart attack for me, just my two little girls. Thats all the motivation I'll ever need.

7. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Congrats and hang in there. Whatever you decide to do with the money you save, you'll still be here to do it. Stay safe and stay the course!!!:wink:

8. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Steve congrats to making up your mind and sticking to it. Do something with the extra money that will always remind you of your success. Keep up the positive work.

9. jerryb

jerryb New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I got a bright shiny new (to me) boat sitting out in my driveway as a reward for quitting... well worth it!! Every time I get an urge smoke, I just go out and stare at it.... :)

10. tony

tony New Member

State:
    lake Murray sc
    congrats Steve!!!!

11. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Good job man, I had my last cigarette 17 days ago and still goin strong. Tired of feeling like crap all the time, and wanted to quit while I was still young. If anyone else is on the fence about it, give it a shot. I am sure others will tell you, you will be amazed at how good you feel!:wink:

12. steve_b124

steve_b124 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Managed to do it cold turkey, no props or aids, just laid them down. I was a full fledged pack + a day smoker, chain smoked on my way to the hospital because I knew it would be a while before I could smoke another. 18 weeks is a while.

God Bless All,
    Steve

13. catwhisper

catwhisper New Member

State:
    georgia
    my wife quit 11 days ago and i say im trying but just smoked one after supper. im a 2 packer plus thats 10 bucks a day. 300 a month i could pay for a lot of fishing gear with that. no brainer huh. well its hard but yall pray for me. I'm really proud of you that quit. it gives me hope thanks

14. steve_b124

steve_b124 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Okay guys,

A thought for all you guy's who are trying to quit. "The urge to smoke goes away whether you light up or not." As time goes on those urges get weaker and fewer. I assume that they will eventually stop completely. I'm like an alcoholic, 1 smoke and I'll be right back where I was, if I smoke 1 I'll want the other 19 that go with it in the pack.

God Bless All,
    Steve

15. ragincajun19

ragincajun19 New Member

State:
    Arizona
    WOW!! 10 bucks for 2 packs there!! Its 7.84 for one pack here in AZ.