17 HMR/pine ridge scope

Discussion in 'Small Game Hunting' started by kat buster, Nov 18, 2006.

1. kat buster

kat buster New Member

State:
    Michigan
    I am looking to buy a new 17 HMR. I was thinking about getting a savage with a pine ridge scope from cabelas. Doe any body have any info on the scope, gun, or cartridges.

2. Sparky Larson

Sparky Larson New Member

State:
    Marlette Michigan
    If I were going to buy one, I would go with a Ruger. The Bolt mechanism is alot tighter on the Ruger, plus it is a little bigger. As far as the Scope you are looking at, I know nothing about it. I would put on a 3 to 9 Swift. They are about $130 plus $20 or so for the rings. I know it sounds like a lot of money for a small cal. rifle. But, they are guaranteed for life and they are an excellent scope for the money. I have one on my 10/22 Ruger, .50cal muzzel loader, 12ga. shot gun for deer, and believe it or not I have one on my Browning 30-06. They have held up great on all my guns.
    Sparky

3. countrycat15

countrycat15 New Member

State:
    gastiona,nc
    i thinkthe marlin 17's are one of the best guns on the market for small game.i do not have one but ihear they are awsome

4. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Dont know about the scope but the 17 i have is a ruger and believe me the 400$ was well spent i dont have alot of money to splurge on new guns so when they came out i decided to go with ruger its a fine rifle i dont think anyone would be dissapointed with one