17 1/2 foot deck boat

Discussion in 'Boat Modification Journal' started by Okccatman, Apr 11, 2007.

1. Okccatman

Okccatman New Member

State:
    Norman,Ok
    This is my boat's before picture's.

http://davidfrantz.netfirms.com/boat page.htm

I am planning on replacing all the wood in the boat. So far I have only gotten to removing the carpet and a bit of temporary epoxy work.

How it looks now....It may be another year before I get busy and get this taken care of.

I am thinking about a few different things as far as mod's when I put it back together. I would like to get rid of the seating on the port side and mover the console to the center. Lower the railing on the bow and build a storage/deck area up front. I would like to also run the batteries from the bow back to the motor and electronics. I will probably get rid of the portable gas tanks and start using the one built into the stern.

Dave

2. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    dude,

you definitely have your work cut out for you. but if your a contractor then you should already have a heads up on tools and salvage type material. besides, if the hull is in good shape then she should be a pretty stable boat with nice high sides which is always a plus when you take the little guy out. my advice... for what its worth: take your time, do it right, and make her exactly how you want it.

j.d.

3. FourEyes45

FourEyes45 New Member

State:
    Alabama
    You have a lot of work to do, BUT you will have the satif isfaction of doing it yourself and have want you want.
    Good Luck.
    Have a great and Safe day.
    Walter