16 year old wins Havasu tourney

Discussion in 'ALL OTHER FISH' started by Tym2Fish, Feb 8, 2006.

1. Tym2Fish

Tym2Fish New Member

State:
    Scottsdale Arizona
    :eek: I found this on AZ game and fish web site. I know its bass but heck I am happy for the kid. Wished I had that kind of oppertunity when I was 16.

16-year-old pro wins Havasu bass tournament
    LAKE HAVASU CITY, Ariz. – John Billheimer Jr. of Discovery Bay, Calif., a 16-year-old pro fishing his first Stren Series event, caught a two-day total of seven largemouth bass weighing 19 pounds, 12 ounces to win the Stren Series Western Division event on Lake Havasu
    The tournament included a field of 200 pros and 200 co-anglers – the largest pro bass tournament ever held in the West. Billheimer, who won by nearly 5 pounds, earned $50,000 in cash and prizes, including a Ranger 519 VX. He is the youngest pro to ever win a Stren Series event.

2. RiverOtter

RiverOtter New Member

State:
    Illinois
    CONGRADULATIONS! That is awesome. My friend and I are fishing a few tournaments in the Ozarks. (Much smaller scale 150 people) I hope to have the same luck.

3. QuincyFisher

QuincyFisher New Member

State:
    Quincy,Illinois
    Well i certainitly wouldnt mind having him as a fishing partner!

4. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    I seen that story before and it is a great win!!!

5. Ulizth

Ulizth New Member

State:
    St. Clairsville, Ohio
    I was never that lucky when I was younger. Come to think of it, I not that lucky now :) . I wish him all the luck. Maybe he will be the next Bill Dance!

6. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    thats a neat story
    good for him!!!!!
    i hope he influences other teens to become involved in the sport of angleing.
    bass, cats, gills, carp, gar, any and all types of fishing are ok by me.
    we got some youngsters here on the board that have this quality about them .
    i admire them for their enthusiasm and wish more kids followed suit.

7. thecatman

thecatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Graham, Texas,
    must be nice to beable to fish tournaments but thats a wonderful job by the kid