16 this morning but no pattern

Discussion in 'Crappie Fishing' started by Stevej, Oct 16, 2007.

1. Stevej

Stevej New Member

State:
    East-central Mississippi
    Went out for about 3 hrs this morning and caught 16 keepers, 10" min., mostly 10 to 11 inch fish, no good ones. Most from 6-8 FOW, a couple from 10 FOW. Not griping but could not pattern them, caught on everything from 2" Umbrella tubes to 1 1/2" tiny shad and all kinds of colors. I do think I caught more on tiny shad electric chicken than any other but not sure, had 4 different lures on my 4 spider rig poles. Surface temp down 4 degrees from last time to 74 degrees. A few looked like spawning fish with 3" shad in their bellies. Thinks the good times are a coming, just need to find the big ones.

2. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    Steve, I love to eat (and catch) crappie but I seldom get into any. I think that 16 10" - 11" fish is a fine catch - the biggest I have ever caught was about 11" & I thought it was a giant :smile2:

3. rspd507

rspd507 New Member

State:
    Rising Sun,IN
    Steve,
    Those are some nice looking crappie you got there.. I went out last sunday and had about the same experience you did. Catch a couple here and there but no super big ones. My biggest was about 10.5. I am heading out this morning after I get off work, heading to some new area for me and hoping I'll catch some bigger ones. I'll let every one know how it turns out. rspd507

4. rspd507

rspd507 New Member

State:
    Rising Sun,IN
    Steve,
    I have to agree with Patmansc, those are some nice size crappie I think. I would love to catch 16 like those. Nice eaten size. Keep it up and good luck next time you go out. rspd507