16' Monark

Discussion in 'Boat Modification Journal' started by sirdank, Mar 19, 2009.

1. sirdank

sirdank New Member

State:
    Illinois
    This is my first boat and I I have done some simple mods.. such as moving

the battery to the front and rewiring the lights. I want to get a bow mount

trolling motor mounted that doesn't look terrible the front. The deck looks like

___/> lol if that helps. Im also looking for some ideas for night lights inside

the boat I made and extra spot for a switch. Also any tips for mounting a

pedestal seat in the front (to steer the trolling motor). Thank you

2. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    I like black lights for night fishing. Not sure what you have in mind. Floesent line look huge in black lights.

3. Martin Rhodes

Martin Rhodes New Member

State:
    Murfreesboro, Tn

Keeping as much of the weight in the back as possible makes for a faster plane and less hull drag, meaning a faster boat and better fuel economy.

As far as night lights inside the boat you might consider rope lighting using the appropriate color of your liking but make sure you install an intensity switch. This will help on nights where the moon is either new or full or just plain cloudy. In other words moonlight nights require less light and no visible moon requires more light.

In any aluminum boat when installing a pedestal seat install a doubler plate before installing the seat base. The double plate will take less stress off of the parent material making for more fishing time and less working on boat time.

Hope this was of some use.

Good Luck.

4. kyleco55

kyleco55 Well-Known Member

State:
    Central In
    i agree with martin.. i like the LED stick lights from auto parts stores ( autozone, advance, napa) i believe they are around $7-9 here in indiana.

5. baptistpreach

baptistpreach New Member

State:
    Oklahoma!
    You've got a 16ft Monark?? Post more pics please! I've got a 14 ft that I'm fixing up and almost done I've posted pics here.

6. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    A wireless trolling motor will help save space and you won't have that bulky control cable in your way. Check out the MotorGuide models. That will enable you also to control the trolling motor from anywhere in the boat.

As others stated, if you are mounting a pedestal to the aluminum deck a doubler plate will stiffen things up greatly. Make sure that you aren't setting up so high as to make the boat tipsy if it is a narrow boat.

There are a couple of LED deck lighting mods in the library one of which I authored, you might check those out.

Good Luck and post pics.

7. sirdank

sirdank New Member

State:
    Illinois
    LOL I've seen your boat.. mine won't be that pretty. I have been doing

some work on it tho. I'm at work but I think I have a couple pix on my phone

i can post.

Attached Files:

• jon.jpg
      jon.jpg
      File size:
      16.7 KB
      Views: