The United States Catfish Association Forum and Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Administrator
10,499 Posts
My attitude has nothing t do with violations of the rules. When it says NO profanity, that is what it means. Your not a newbie and you know that.

·
Registered
74 Posts
That is a 4’ oval stock tank behind the blue in the last picture and it’s obviously longer than that so I’d say it could easily be 55”. I have no idea what the girth would be with it’s belly distended like that but it would have to be close to 50” to weigh 150+ # according to the charts. Looks like it’s been gorging on mussels Which have a lot of weight, so that could be close...but I don’t know!

·
Registered
Steve from Mississippi
1,082 Posts
If he caught that fish with Chatt Cat Fishing the video should be on You Tube soon. I watch him pretty regular. If he didn't I don't know why that banner would be in the pics.

·
Administrator
10,499 Posts
I will wait and get all the story before ridiculing anyone for being proud of a great catch. Everything says he was awaiting having the fish weight certified. I have no issues with that. Seeing a record doesn't seem to me to be that important, BUT I am not looking down at a huge fish that I just caught. Of course everyone including the one that caught the fish wish it had survived but when waiting to get a certified weight that often does not happen.

I will wait on the certified weight and say either way, record or not, congrats on a great catch.

·
Registered
Steven from Georgia
701 Posts
Great catch,
Georgia catfishing records at both the lake and state levels just keep going up. The Chattahoochee river runs right thru Atlanta. Has big brown trout and stripers in the northern section. Big cats in the lower sections.

Im not so sure about trying to keep it alive, while taking all kinds of pictures of it out of the water.

·
Registered
Dave from ohio
579 Posts
I would guess that it was dead when most of those pics were taken. I killed a 72# blue when i was younger, just to show it off, it was pre cell phone days, so I wanted pics of it also, had it in a stock tank, took it out several times to show people. I wish i wouldnt have done that,and have regretted it ever since.Even though I wouldnt kill a fish to get a record now, I hold nothing against someone that does.

·
Registered
Steven from Georgia
701 Posts
Not required in Georgia, south carolina or Tenn.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts