15 yr. old catches 75 lb. blue

Discussion in 'LOCAL GEORGIA TALK' started by bumper, Feb 6, 2008.

1. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    A 15 yr. old boy caught a 75 lb. blue cat from a 23 acre lake in Carroll County. The fish is bigger than the current St. record and the info. has been sent to DNR for consideration as the new St. record blue. Only problem is that it was probably released into the lake as an adult fish in the first place. Interesting to see if it will be the new St. record or not. The article was in the GA Outdoor News, and can be found on www.GON.com in the current issue section. The updated Lake and River record fish list is also in the Feb. issue, but not online.

2. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    Well knowing ga I wonder what they will do

3. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Seems a shame that there is any controversy at all. If he caught out of the lake then it should count. That's my opinion.

4. keyskevin

keyskevin New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    Let's all just hope they do the right thing, and give credit where credit is do.

5. curdog

curdog New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Arkansas
    So what if someone put it in there as an adult fish somebody had to have caught it to put it in there.To me 23 acre pond is a good sized pond. My way of thinking the boy caught him fair and square put the fish as a new record.

6. mariofish

mariofish New Member

State:
    wv
    mariofish nice fish bumper

7. ARMYCATS

ARMYCATS New Member

State:
    Georgia
    hes 15... he caught the fish.... he deserves the record

8. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    HAVE TO WAIT AND SEE !!!

9. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Yes it should count....:big_smile:

10. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    How is someone supposed to know whether or not it was put in there as an adult, doesnt matter anyway, he caught it-he should get the record!!!!!

11. tncatfishing

tncatfishing New Member

State:
    clk. tn
    He should definately get the record.

12. prostreetS10

prostreetS10 New Member

State:
    ohio
    congrats on your sons monster blue. Hopefully we will see him in the record books. Thats a catch of a lifetime. Ol dad must be doing something right! Keep it up bro thanks for sharing.

13. prostreetS10

prostreetS10 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Just looked at the fish man that thing is a monster . It's as big as your boy.

14. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    He's not my son, just the boy in the article. I did talk with someone at DNR this morning and there still isn't a decision. The problem they say they have is that they don't want people going to surrounding states with bigger blues (AL,TN,SC all st. records over 100 lbs.) and bringing those blues to GA and putting them in lakes then fishing till they catch it again just to get a state record. I don't know the details of the lake where it was caught or how a blue that big got in there, but DNR will be criticized by some no matter what they decide. It would definitely be hard to deny a 15 yr. old the chance at a state record.

15. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    If it was mine then they would have to prove that it was put there as an adult beyond a shadow of a doubt or it could get real public

16. Pirate Jerry

Pirate Jerry New Member

State:
    Yulee Florida
    Bumper is on the right track. I could drive up the road a few miles to the Altamaha river in Ga , catch a big flathead, turn it loose in my pond and then catch it again here in Florida. I guess it would have to be a personal decision..

17. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    I understand that but they still need to prove it not just accuse because if it is legtimately caught by him then without him knowing it was there then it is the same no matter how it got there

18. blacksheep

blacksheep New Member

State:
    NC
    I really hate it might not be a record for the 15 year old but he will remember that fish for the rest of his life. Hope he took pictures...

19. krowbar

krowbar New Member

State:
    South Caro
    My question is, How does a Blue Catfish reach the weight of 75 lbs. in a small 23 acre lake?

20. Team Hold EM Hook

Team Hold EM Hook New Member

State:
    al
    broke the state record last year, however it came from a paylake(don't scold me:crazy:) However the fish came originally from either Alabama,Tenn one. It is great that the young man caught a fish of a life time but according to GA the fish cannot be a fish stocked from another state. However you can catch a record striper which was:eek:oooh: