15 LB channel catfish out of Gordon Moore

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Jnagel, May 11, 2009.

1. Jnagel

Jnagel New Member

State:
    Illinois.
    I know i couldent beleive it eather. Last friday me and a buddy decided to head out to gordon moore mostly beacuse we had cabin fever and i didnt want to blow all of my gas driving to litchfield were i finally found somebody with a hunk of private property that takes me right by the rope swing on ol lou yager my new fav fishin hole but thats another story. Anyways we had been sittin in the back of the park casting twards the rock wall for about an hour now and there was no action at all i couldent even catch a bluegill for some cut bait. So by this time me and my buddy are both relaxing in our chairs hes asleep in the shade and i'm just enjoying the fresh air. To my left a hear a lil ting i thought aww heck its probly just the wind it didnt sound like much but i decide to go check anyways. I set my poles so that there is a nice loop of slack when i can, when i see my pole the line is laying right infront of it curled up on the water so i reel in the slack and my pole gets a violent tug, the sucker alredy had it in his mouth. I set the hook and i could tell this was no normal 2 lber i loosen my drag and the fight is on . i was 40 yards out and this big guy fought with all of his heart about 10 minutes later i scoop him up with my net and realized what i just caught i was hoopin and hollerin. i'm sure the whole park heard me. I have rapala digital scale that read 15.7 i could not beleive it. Gordon moore is hit and miss for sure but their seems to be some nice ones in there. As soon as i figure out how to upload the picture on here from my phone i'll show you guys this beauty. I just wanted to share my story with yall.

2. Catfish KID

Catfish KID New Member

State:
    godfrey,illinois
    congrats brother, nice fish

3. alton

alton New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Nice catch, I didn't think Gordon Moore had anything that size. Good luck.

4. skeezaveli

skeezaveli New Member

State:
    illinois
    wow dude!!! the biggest i've ever pulled outta there was a 12.3# last summer....great job...i may end up trying ol g moore again before the summer ends.....but...on to another story....i heard you got over to my lil secret hole by the rope swing eh?i tell you what...that little pool behind the beach everybody pulls their boat up to....i've caught some monsters outta there between 3pm and sundown......everytime i go there.....action is phenominal....i don't think i've sat longer than 20 minutes at any given day i get back there....i know of a trail you can take from the road that will get you back there without a boat....but that's for another day....:wink:

5. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    :crazy:congrats bro:eek:oooh:

6. Jnagel

Jnagel New Member

State:
    Illinois.
    went to hillsboro today fished glen shoales for 5 hours by the overpass on the lake, at the end of the day 11 fish taken two over 10 lbs and threw back about 10-20 4 and 5 inch babies. awsome day things are heatin up.:tounge_out:

7. Jnagel

Jnagel New Member

State:
    Illinois.
    I have a friend of a friend who lives off of 127 i think i know its around butler, anyways he owns some land and straight back from him property is the rope swing with the lil green hut and logs in the water its a great spot but its all private property till you get on state land.

8. Herogre

Herogre New Member

State:
    Illinois
    That is a nice catch