15 HP carb help???

Discussion in 'Boat Repair Help' started by Tubby Catfishin, Jan 26, 2008.

1. Tubby Catfishin

Tubby Catfishin New Member

State:
    Ramseur, North Carolina
    Ive got a 14' jon w/ a 15hp Mercury Mariner outboard....... can ne one tell me how to get a float in the carb unstuck w/out removin the carb??

2. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Well it can be done but you will have to remove it at some point to rebuild the carb or at least remove the needle and seat. Take the line loos at the fuel pump on the carb side and take a syringe full of Seafoam or PB blaster and squirt it down in to the carb and let it soak for a few hours. Then take something like a hard piece of plastic and gentle tap on the carb bowl it should come loose. has this engine sat for a while to cause this.
    What year is that motor. If it has the drop bowl it can be removed with out removing the carb.

3. Tubby Catfishin

State:
    Ramseur, North Carolina
    Willard Im not sure what year motor this is... still workin on findin that out..... came w/ the boat..... But thats round about the same thing I was thinkin bout doin so Ill try it and let ya know..... yea it sat for about 5 mnths w/ the motor tilted up:sad2:....... my 1st boat........... Ill learn the hard way I guess!!!

4. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    May not be as bad as it seems. Just get me a serial and model number off the motor itself and I'll get you the year. Those are fairly simple to tear down and rebuild.

5. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    big hammer lol really they are fairly inexpensive to rebuild good luck !!!

6. Tubby Catfishin

State:
    Ramseur, North Carolina
    Ok so I tried Sea Foam, Carb cleaner, and tapped on it till my arm hurt.....
    Pulled it off the boat and took it to the shop to have it rebuilt!!! :angry: Bout $120-$130.....:angry::angry::angry::angry: :sad2: Now I aint got no fishin $$$$$$$$ but I got my boat fixed:smile2: