15 fish day on Ohio 05/22/09

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by RiverKing, May 23, 2009.

1. RiverKing

RiverKing New Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    Well me and a buddy that had never been catfishing before hit the river yesterday morning, and that sun was rough.The day started off real slow, but got better the hotter it got which was weird. But any ways we caught a bunch of fish, and he probably missed about 6 fish and I missed a few myself. We ended up with 10 catfish between 2 to 11 lbs, all flatheads and 2 channels. Also had 2 big nasty drum, a 10 lb stripper, and 2 saugeyes. My buddy from work caught an 11 lb flathead and said it was the biggest fish he ever caught so he had a good time. We also had an 11 lb channel cat. I wish I couldnt have put him on some better fish but he had a nice first time trip. He already wants to go back..lol..I didnt break my camera out to take any pics since they werent big, so no pics this time. We really had to work for the fish though this time around.

2. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Great day on the water Matt. Thats a pretty nice report there.. Congrats on the good fishing....rollo

3. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    They can't always be large ones, sometimes you have to catch a few small ones Matt...LOL!:smile2:

4. cats gone wild

cats gone wild Member

State:
    canal winchester, ohio
    Even though you did'nt catch any larger fish, that's still a good outing. Thank's for the report.

5. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Congrats on a great trip! Me & Mankind hit the Ohio last night and the Flatties were biting great here also. Gonna be some great fishing the next couple weeks!:cool2:

6. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    congrats on the fish.least you gut ahold of some