14 x 19 aluminum prop for sale?

Discussion in 'BUY AND SELL - MAKE $$$ - GET CHEAP DEALS' started by flysure1, Mar 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flysure1

flysure1 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Anyone got a good 14 x 19 aluminum prop that will fit a Johnson 70 for sale, it is for my buddys boat but I figure I did some of the damage to the one on it I oughta help buy the next one, it is a 2000 motor but I think there is a pretty good spread that fits--I believe it is a 13 spline. thanks--Rod-- I have access to a no roll sinker mold if I could knock down the price with a coffe can of 1,-1 1/2,-2,-or 3 oz. size sinkers.

2. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    shure its a 19pitch on a 70hp??? thats a big wheel for a 70..

3. flysure1

flysure1 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    It now has a 17, he wants to try a 19, I asked on Bubba's outboard what would be a good prop and got 14x19 from there? that is kind of why we weren't wanting to wrap up new price in one in case there is not enough umph to get it going out of the hole, thanks for the reply. Rod

4. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    that's a big prop, I have one on my 150

5. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    i usually run a 13 1/2x17 on my 85hp and i put a 14x19 on it last summer and ended up changing it on the water because it took forever to get on plane and i could watch the gas gauge move it was sucking gas so bad,, :eek:oooh: wilard is good on this stuff but that just sounds way ig for your engine unless you have a super light stripped out boat..

6. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

PHLIPS4BIGKATS New Member

State:
    Alma Kansas
    I have a 24 on my 150

7. bassgasm2002

bassgasm2002 New Member

State:
    sc
    depends on the boat. he needs to have an idea of rpms and top speed at wot are with the 17. one inch of pitch is gonna slow him down 200 rpms so the 19 will take him down 400 rpms at wot. try this site www.propgods.com they offer an exchange program til u get it right.

8. flysure1

flysure1 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I read a reply on a forum on outboards that said with a 19 on a 70 horse johnson you have to be carefull that you don't over work it, the guy said a good chance you could score the center cyl. I talked to my buddy this afternoon and we decided that maybe we better stay with the 17, the prop has been filed down since he has had the boat (3 years) so he might notice a big difference getting a "true" sized prop on it, so anyone got a good 14x17 laying around they aren't using, I might trade a few indian artifacts toward the price if you are interested, I also have some 1-3 oz. no roll sinkers, or I have a loving wife that doesn't "police" me terribly on what I spend on my fishing hobby.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.