14 ft alum john boat

Discussion in 'Boat Modification Journal' started by ho_shi, Apr 30, 2008.

1. ho_shi

ho_shi New Member

State:
    Texas
  2. Old Bill

Old Bill New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    Looks like you have made a nice fishing boat with the addeded decks, etc.

Have you noticed any differences in the boat's performance and ride after you added the extra weight?

3. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Congrats on the nice looking fishing boat, glad to hear that you got one, keep up the good work, and hopefully you will be able to get to some good fish now, good luck.

4. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Sweet! But we gotta get you a better camera.

5. ho_shi

ho_shi New Member

State:
    Texas
    lol workin on better camera it rides a lil lower but does not seem to bother it any... Had the 3 horse gamefisher on back untill stipped out gears in lower end. Workin on a 5 horse now for it

seen a nice video of another one that i am thinkin of redoin more like it, plenty of deck room and storage space.

will keep ya informed

6. Indigo Flats

Indigo Flats New Member

State:
    Lancaster,
    Good job!

Ouchita made outstanding flat bottoms in the '60's and they were very popular. They would really fly with a 20 hp Mercury.

7. StuBone278

StuBone278 New Member

State:
    south central Louisiana
    Yeah man, if you can I would just make the jump for at least a 9.9. The power even from a 5 to a 9.9 is a huge jump, and you won't have to turn around in a year to sell the 5. My old five couldn't plane my boat with my deck installed + fishing stuff... now the 20 makes it fly.

I would protect your deck somehow (look into carpet or vinyl, they have some online at cabelas) I would stay away from the "artificial turf" carpeting. The first deck I had I just used Thompson's water seal and a few coats of paint, but it still got water-logged like crazy. Also find a good tarp to cover it with. I use an old nylon painter's floor sheild. Use a grommel kit to make areas for bungy cords to the trailer.

8. ho_shi

ho_shi New Member

State:
    Texas
    got carpet in the house for it, not ready for it tho might be changin the deck up some

plannin on takin some fiberlglass resin and hardner and rolling it on