135# flathead catfish

Discussion in 'LOCAL SOUTH CAROLINA TALK' started by maddkatz22, Mar 1, 2007.

1. maddkatz22

maddkatz22 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
  2. Eithne

Eithne New Member

State:
    OK

3. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    That fish is absolutely massive! Wouldnt that fish be a world record if it did weighed as much as he guesstimated?

4. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
  5. BigCatDreaming

BigCatDreaming New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Just refer to kristines link from spanishcatman and dru makes a good point on some things that make the fish look unrealistic and fake.

6. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    A picture of a fish that size will give you something to dream about:still_dreaming:

7. Shrimp Man

Shrimp Man New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I know Stanley at Jacks Creek, I'll have to ask him about this huge flattie. If it's true, It is a real shame it was caught any other way than on a Rod, That would be a record that would stand for a long time.

8. bigmaac73

bigmaac73 Member

State:
    Lenoir City, TN
    "Because the fish was caught on a trout line they didn't pursue measurements or weight. "

lol, Maybe someone should tell whoever wrote this article that it is a TROTline not a troutline. I dont know when the last time I caught a trout on cut bait!!

9. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    i dont know when this fish was supposedly caught,i know this pics have been around for a while,i have had it saved on my computer for at least 2 years,and the date on it when it was taken is 12/29/02,so if someone is saying it was just caught recently,thats not the case,and by the way,when it was making its rounds then,it supposedly weighed 160,i am trying to find the link from where i originally got it,i will post when i find it,i dont doubt for a second that there are fish out there that big and that it was caght on trotline,just goes to show how stories get turned around

10. stuckinthehole3

stuckinthehole3 New Member

State:
    SC
    i bet the fish is being held much closer to the lens then the dude is standing. prob still a big cat but not 135 pounds.

11. MUDHOLE KID

MUDHOLE KID New Member

State:
    Anderson,S.C.
    This has ben around for a couple years and as far as I know it was determined to be a fake, good photo imagining.It can be done you know:lol: