#13 is it lucky or unlucky, check this out.

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Flintman, Sep 4, 2007.

1. Flintman

Flintman New Member

State:
    OKC, OKLA.
    LOOK AT THE BACK SIDE OF A $1.00 BILL.

Above the Eagle you have thirteen stars representing the thirteen original colonies, and any clouds of misunderstanding rolling away. Again, we were coming together as one. Notice what the Eagle holds in his talons. He holds an olive branch and arrows. This country wants peace, but we will never be afraid to fight to preserve peace. The Eagle always wants to face the olive branch, but in time of war, his gaze turns toward the arrows.

They say that the number 13 is an unlucky number. This is almost a worldwide belief. You will usually never see a room numbered 13, or any hotels or motels with a 13th floor But, think about this: 13 original colonies, 13 signers of the Declaration of Independence, 13 stripes on our flag, 13 steps on the Pyramid, 13 letters in the Latin above, 13 letters in "E Pluribus Unum", 13 stars above the Eagle, 13 plumes of feathers on each span of the Eagle's wing, 13 bars on that shield, 13 leaves on the olive branch, 13 fruits, and if you look closely, 13 arrows. And for minorities: the 13th Amendment. I always ask people, "Why don't you know this?" Your children don't know this and their history teachers don't know this. Too may veterans have given up too much to ever let the meaning fade. Many veterans remember coming home to an America that didn't care. Too many veterans never came home at all. Tell everyone what is on the back of the one dollar bill and what it stands for, because nobody else will.

2. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    There are a lot more examples of what you describe. That is a good one. Once people forget, it seems there is no one to teach them anymore.

Oh by the way Mr. Flint. Would you send me about a 1,000 of those bills so I could check them all and make sure there are no mistakes. John

3. Flintman

Flintman New Member

State:
    OKC, OKLA.
    John, it will be my pleasure as soon as i hit that 60 millon $$$$$ lottery. You are 4th on my list.

4. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    Yes.. but I was fishing with 13 jugs and that was the day the trolling motor shaft snapped, the engines auto choke died, broke a rod, lost 2 lures, sunburned and caught 2 fish after 4 hours.

I upped the number to 18 jugs just in case one or two disappear and I w ont be back down to 13 again! :wink:

5. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    a little advice here, Tom...GO FISHING!:smile2: