13 February Fishing Trip

Discussion in 'MARYLAND RIVER TALK' started by speciallibXO, Mar 12, 2007.

1. speciallibXO

speciallibXO New Member

State:
    Maryland
    Tawn and I along with a couple of buddies are heading out tomorrow from Marshal Hall. Can't pass up on the predicted good weather. Suppose to be in the 70s with not too much wind. We'll post an after action report along with some pictures once we get back.

2. special liberty

special liberty New Member

State:
    Maryland
    Wrong month shipmate!! This is March.

3. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    I will see you guys out there you know where I will be HA HA HA

4. speciallibXO

speciallibXO New Member

State:
    Maryland
    OK OK I meant MARCH. Give me a break I'm sick today. :big_smile:

5. h3ohawaii

h3ohawaii New Member

State:
    maryland
    give Nate a break...he's sick (navy speak = got back from the bar late):big_smile:

look forward to the AAR bro.

I hope to be out there for both Saturday and Sunday this weekend.

6. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Go Get,um have fun Guys

7. rit.05

rit.05 New Member

State:
    VA
    I stopped by to check on you guys around 10 or so, but I didn't see any rods bent over???

Maybe I just wasn't close enough.....

8. speciallibXO

speciallibXO New Member

State:
    Maryland
    Put in at Marshal Hall around 0830 and fished until 1530. Hit a couple of spots at Fort Washington and up in Smoots Bay. Caught a total of 13 blue cats, with the majority of them (all but 2) coming before 1100. Most were in the 10-15lb range with the biggest being 18lb 2oz. Not a bad day of fishing number wise, but size was disappointing. Had a couple of REAL good hookups that were BIG. One busted the line after about a 3 minute fight, didn't get to see him. The others were good runs with the hook getting spit. I'll get pictures up tomorrow.

Dan, we really liked the fly by it was impressive. The two guys that were out with me and Tawn were wondering what the helo was doing coming at us. We told them that it was our aerial reconaissance coming to check in. :big_smile: :big_smile: :big_smile:

9. speciallibXO

speciallibXO New Member

State:
    Maryland
    Ok, I got the picture transfer thingy to work on the printer. Here are some pics of the biggest of the day.

Attached Files:

10. special liberty

special liberty New Member

State:
    Maryland
    As Nathan already said - good numbers / small fish (you're spoiled when an 18 lbs fish is disappointing).

We finally ventured north of the WW Bridge in the afternoon to get shad at Blue Plains. Bunch of bass boats and we had no luck with shad darts - some old timer was snagging them left and right - he pulled in a nice shad every two or three casts. We tried to buy/barter a couple off him and he ended up giving us a couple and we hightailed it back down to Piscataway but only managed to pick up two more fish and bait that was still twitching - just an off day I guess. Talked with Tim H. on the water and on the cell phone throughout the day - he had better luck size wise but I think we all agree it wasn't the best of days. Oh well I guess thats why the call it fishing not catching.

Dan - thanks for the fly by - pretty impressive from our point of view!!

11. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    It started off bad with 2 hours on the road just to get to the ramp, but then I had Forrest Fishbrun the Polar Kraft rep with me so we had a lot of time to talk. Got to the ramp and headed down river for bait 1 cast put 5 shad in the boat so we set up at 9.45 to get started by 10.30 Forrest had 8 fish in the boat 32,27,26 and 5 around 14 to 18 lbs his PB was 16 before today. Something went south after that as we fish 7 more spots from 10;30 until 4:30 and never hooked one more fish LOCKJAW. hope tomorrow will be a better day.

12. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    here is Forrest with his new PB 32 and a 27

Attached Files: