12V Power Bubbles aerator

Discussion in 'Livewell and Bait Tank Review' started by BassMassey, Jun 5, 2008.

1. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    Last week i ordered a Power Bubbles aerator, along with some rodholders, about $30 worth of weights and a few other things from catfish connection. Today I started wondering why the package hasn't shown up yet? I go look at the email confirmation when i noticed I changed my billing address but I didn't change my shipping address from where i lived last year. Luckily it's only 10 miles down the road, and when i just went to check to see if anyone was there i found my package on the doorstep. I know, im a lucky s.o.b...lol Anyway i had a question about the aerator....can anyone tell me the purpose of the check valves? im gonna hook em up to the air tubes anyway, but just wasn't sure what for. -bassmassey

2. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    I believe they prevent water from gettin in the line but I am not 100% sure. By the way you are a lucky sob, I bet that wouldnt happen twice.:smile2:

3. BassMassey

State:
    Oconee
    that makes sense i guess, thanks. I know...i was doing about 80 all the way there, it was a relief when i saw the brown box right on the door step..:amazed: -bassmassey

4. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    It keeps the water out of the line, but it's real purpose is to prevent all of the water from siphoning out through the pump if something goes wrong. I've never used the check valves and never had a problem, but your mileage may vary:0a26:

5. catfishsafari

catfishsafari New Member

State:
    missouri
    Hey Aaron; If you mount the power bubbles above the water level of the tank you wont have any problems. It works better without the valves. The power bubbles is the best I have ever used.

6. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Aaron, don't know about the aerator, but that story tickled me! Congrats on the find, and the luck!

7. BassMassey

State:
    Oconee
    so basically they're intended for intank installatioin? I'm just running a couple of 5 gallon buckets in my jonboat, nothing fancy..lol. so I don't really need to hook them up then do I ? -bassmassey