12lb 6oz white catfish

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by ncfowler, Jan 14, 2007.

1. ncfowler

ncfowler Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Name:
    Jeff
    I have been taking a friend from work out fishing for the last few weeks, i worked with c dog for along time and been trying to get him to join me fishing for cats for years, This yrear we finaly got together after hearing stories and seeing pictures of the cats i have been geting form our citylake. I have been trying to get him hooked up a large cat and today paid, he hooked up on a white cat 12lbs 6oz 30" long with a 20" girth, after doing math length x girth aquared divided by 800 it comes out 15lbs, well what ever the out come he has a state record cat and in the process of getting sited.

Attached Files:

2. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    thats a big white cat. the biggest i have ever seen was 3 pounds, until now

3. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Oh I don't want to be the one to say this.:confused2: That's a bluecat. Slang in some areas is white cat, but they are 2 totally different things. One grows to be 100#, the other 5#. And they don't look alike either. Still yet, a great catch, but not a white cat.:sad2:

4. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    i hate to say it too but that is a blue. nice fish though! glad you got him to go with ya!

5. Salty1

Salty1 New Member

State:
    Mt. Washington, Ky.
    Man that's great !!!!!:tounge_out:

6. ncfowler

ncfowler Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Name:
    Jeff
    the game warden id this as a white cat and he stated that the lake does not have any blues in it was never stocked and when the marine bio checked the lake they aslo said there are no blues in it, I feel that this a blue as well but only going by what i was told by the gw

7. weekendredneck69

weekendredneck69 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Well, ill let yall fight over what it is. but its still a ncie catch !

8. FishBrew

FishBrew New Member

State:
    North Texas
  9. CatfishHateMe

CatfishHateMe New Member

State:
    Il
    theres not sopossed to be any blues in a local park pond here but there is somehow:roll_eyes: calm down it wasnt me that put it in there so dont get started on how i could have killed the other fish population. a buddy of mine did. ive seen people catch that cat so many times its not funny. he stays right below this tree over hang. bet if i got my rod and reel and headed off right now id come back with pictures of a 10 pound blue. everytime i take a friend to that lake to fish i have them cast over there in hopes of getting them hooked on cats. but im more interested in finding where that 25# plus flathead thats rumored to be in there stays:big_smile: prolly just a rumor nothing more but hey, i can dream. the whole idea of this is that people put fish in ponds and lakes without stocking permints. so that cat coul dhave been one of 15 that someone was gunna keep but decided not to so they released them. you never know. that same pond i was talking about is only sopossed to have gills, smallmouth, and channels in it according to the nature center. but ive pulled out crappie, largemouth, perch, blues. it looks like a blue to me...:sad2: man i did a bit of rambleing in that post but what the hay.

10. catman529

catman529 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    yeah, looks like a blue. but hey, it is a great fish, that is all that matters.

11. greggofish

greggofish New Member

State:
    Holly Springs, NC
    do the right tests to make sure. Sure looks like a Blue. Remember, NC called a Flathead the state record Channel cat for a lot of years and a blind man could have seen it was not a Channel.

Hope it's noted as a record... but only if it really is a White Cat

12. F150Catfish

F150Catfish New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    yea its look like blues to me... but nice fish!!:big_smile:

13. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Thats a nice white catfish.

14. BAM

BAM New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Nice fish and I don't care what kind it is.

15. Memphis_Catfish_King

Memphis_Catfish_King New Member

State:
    Memphis,TN
  16. photocat

photocat New Member

State:
    HOCO, Maryland
    Yeah if the game warden's are like the ones we have around here I wouldn't trust them w/ knowing the differences in regs let alone telling a white cat from a channel or Blue... To me that looks more like a channel if your looking at the head, but the anal fin is looking too straight for that... I'd say your GW's wrong and its a blue... shame you didn't get more pics of it...

17. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    No matter which, it's a great picture of a happy man with a nise fish! It would definitely make me smile.:big_smile:

18. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    It definitely does not look like a White Cat, and I catch tons of them. My dad caught a 7lb White Cat, it didn't look any thing like that. But hey, decent fish regardless.

19. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    Nice fish to put a friend on regardless if its a blue or white. Your friend is now hooked.

20. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    nice fish and id say that ist what they commonly in Oklahoma refer to as a Misissipi white even though it really a blue [there just aint no such fish but tell my inlaws that]