12ft vhull jon boat

Discussion in 'Boat Modification Journal' started by jugfishingkatking, Oct 15, 2009.

1. jugfishingkatking

jugfishingkatking New Member

State:
    SC
    Hey guys thought id show yall my jon boat that id like to modify for striper/catfish on lake murray, SC. If yall have any suggestions that would be great!

Installation of driftmaster rod holders

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

More pics of the boat

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7hp and trolling motor on the way!!

2. playin4funami

playin4funami New Member

State:
    Saronville Ne.
    Well,if you want my honest advise,I'll tell ya,find a bigger boat. The reason is that I have a boat almost identical to that,sitting on a trailer in my yard. It's too small to fish out of comfortably for more than an hour or two if you really push it. They are tippy and standing is not a good idea,theres not room for much gear either and if you go by weight rating they can't hold much. they are about perfect for a small pond,and that's about it. Sorry if you don't like hearing this,but I'm trying to be honest with my opinion,boats are cheap right now and you could buy alot more boat for about 500 to 1000 bucks that would make your fishing time safer and more comfortable. The day I moved into a "real" boat was the best decision I ever made,it doesn't have to be new or fancy,just big and tough enough to handle the water.

3. DBoz

DBoz New Member

State:
    NC
    Hello, That is a Lone Star Boat Company "Little Fisherman". I have a 14.5 ft Lone Star Commander w/a 15hp Mariner and I love it. It is an old but very good and well built Jon boat. If you want some more info about your boat do a Google search for Lone Star Boat Club. It is a yahoo group and they have pics from the original brochures from when these boat were new. I like your rod holders and would like to make some for my boat too. :big_smile:

4. Gamblen

Gamblen New Member

State:
    Kansas City, KS
    Welcome to the BOC Ben. A good start on what will be a nice boat.

The picture is two 12' boats. Weight capacity is about 500 lbs. per boat. The 12' v cost about $150. The 2 seats cost another $150. Good comfortable seat help a lot when sitting for hours on end.

If you can beef (washers, plate, angle) up what the pole holders bolt to will help a lot I think. Keep up the good work.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2009
  5. countryboy79

countryboy79 New Member

State:
    nc
    Welcome to the BOC Ben. Just do a lil at a time,, then take the boat out and fish out of it for about 5 hours. Afther that you will know what to do next..

6. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    I have to agree I also have a boat like that thats 14ft. and it was terrible on all nighters . I bought a 18 ft. flat bottom with trailer for 325.00 he wanted 400.00 it was a steal ....lol