125.00 a barrel oil for december 07?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by FS Driver, Nov 9, 2007.

1. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    heres another crybaby thread about high gas prices:embarassed:.
    i am reading by next summer $5 and up a gallon is a real possibility.
    i will be putting the boat up on the classifieds within a few days as i cant see keeping something i won't be able to use if this happens.
    and the 1 ton work van will be put on ebay.
    milk is 4 bux a gallon i guess it will be near 7 or 8 soon after the summer gas prices.well i dont feel better now :sad2: but i thought i had to get that off my chest .

2. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Our gas keeps giong up why isnt the prices of exported food...we need gas they need to eat when is it gonna break:beated:

3. bearcat

bearcat Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    Kenny
    Exported food is up. Corn ,beans, and wheat are near or at all time highs.

DRC you made comment about milk. It is at all time highs also. One of the reasons is the export market is so strong.

The demand world wide has continued to go up every year. More people more mouths to feed. The world wide acreage for planting crops has stay near the same .

The bad part is that inputs for the american farmer continue to increase also. Most crop inputs have doubled in the last year. It is tough everywhere.

I still believe that it will have to come to an end. Where no one knows.

Also gold is near all time highs. Last time it was there was the late 70s. Remember what happened after that. 18 % inflation, 18.5% interest at the bank. I hope we dont get there again. JMHO

4. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I know we in this house are feeling it and it is hurting bad.My job is seasional and slowing down,do not know what I am gonna do fer the winter

5. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    Wouldn't it be nice if we applied the financial burdens Americans are going through, to the rest of the world. Instead of giving away or taking it away from us, take it away from them.

kind of reminds me of a country song talking about, "Just give it away"

At least 1/2 of the Americans had an ideal this was coming.

OOPS, another debate. LOL. :roll_eyes:

6. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    The world is running out of oil. There is only X amount. The falling dollar does not help much either. We need to find other fuels.
    Bill

7. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Quite a bit around every shore we got. I also think there is a few days supply in Alaska. I like my house warm in the winter, can't cut wood anymore.

8. Ketch

Ketch New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Your right, we do need alternative fuels. The problem is everyone is looking at ethanol as the answer, I don't think that is the answer. We need to start finding another way that isn't dependant on other countries and that is renewable.

9. GoFish_Tony

GoFish_Tony New Member

State:
    Big Rock, IL
    I don't personally believe there are any oil shortages but I am certainly all in favor of becoming less dependent on foreign oil! (Especially foreign oil companies that sell their gas here, and then use the profits to arm our enemies!!!)

America is the land of great invention, resources, and ability. (Even if thats not what CNN & the BBC would want you to believe.) I'm glad that oil prices are soaring! YUP, it's about darn time! I'm glad because there is now great emphasis for our American scientist to further develop alternative fuels. Honestly, I don't believe that if oil was $40 a barrel we would ever cut our dependency.

Here is one solution that looks promising:
    Take a look at this LINK to read about oil being processed from algae... yes algae. And from early test "farmers" will soon be able to harvest 100X more oil from this technolgy over agricultural BioFuels. The technology is even working on changing the Carbon chain of different algae to increase the "grade" of the oil it produces. And certain Sea algae might even give us fuel while growing in abundant seawater fields. Man, this all excites me!

Even the oil refineries are going to love all this as they really don't have to change the refining process much.

Right now Gas prices are hurting us all, but that may someday change. Good ol American ingenuity might just save the day.

Wouldn't it be great to let OPEC and those $!&^@* Arab Nations drown in their overpriced oil!

Tony
    _

10. catfishcentral

catfishcentral New Member

State:
    OK
    There's more oil that can be drilled in our own gulf than all the oil that's in the Mideast. We just need to push our government to let us drill for it. Another thing that will happen when we really get serious about being less dependant on foreign oil is OPEC will slash the price per barrel of oil. The last time our government tried to become less dependant on foreign oil OPEC made oil so cheap it costs several times more to make it ourselfs. The dollar is also weaker than it's ever been....heck the Canada's dollar is worth more than our's now. I never can remember the American dollar being in the crapper so bad. When this happens our dollar is worth less to everyone else...do you think they want to take less money than a few years ago when the dollar was stronger? There's too much demand for oil right now especially from China and India and they can ask pretty much whatever they want for it. Now couple that with fears of oil shortages from the Mideast because of war, well that already added another 30.00 to the price of oil. We do need and will find better alternative fuels that make sense not like E85, but until then we could make oil cheap by getting serious and drilling in the gulf. There's ton's of oil there and OPEC will finally see we getting serious and start dropping the price of oil. Write a letter to your congressman and demand we become less depenant on foreign oil and start drilling now.

11. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    If it's true, the news said the reason was that so many wealthy people are throwing billions of dollars into the stocks and driving up the price, trying to make a dollar.

Whatever the reason, there will be less yard mowing in the neighborhood next summer, if this happens, and it appears it will.

Sad state we are in today.
    Cheryl

12. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    I've been looking for an excuse to post this picture. I'm not sure this thread qualifies as a good excuse, but what the heck. It's the gas station at Prudhoe Bay, from my trip to Alaska in September.

Attached Files:

13. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    i dont have much of a problem with drilling in the gulf. i live on the gulf coast of alabama, and from what i can tell it has actually helped our fisheries some. i just dont want a liquified natural gas terminal around here. they seem to wreck most inshore and some offshore fisheries.

florida, i believe, is the only state on the coast that does not allow oil rigs in thier waters. they say it affects tourism. i dont really care about tourists so much, most of the time when i am in a different place, i try not to look like a tourist.

even if the price of oil went down, i would like them to find a better source of energy. i dont really care if its ethonal, solar, alien poop, whatever. i just think it would be a good idea to spread our "eggs" out, instead of putting them all in one basket. (oil).

as for the economy/American dollar... i dont really know that much about that stuff. but, as a dumb country boy, i think it will stabalize itself out. through whatever means necc. kinda like nature. whatever we go through to get to that stabile point, will prolly be pretty dang bad. as much as i truly love this country, history shows that noone is on top forever.

14. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    BTW, Milk is already 5 dollars a gallon here. There is one place you can get it for 3.49, when they have it, and it's at a gas station............is that irony or what?

15. griz

griz Well-Known Member

State:
    Murray Ky.
  16. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
  17. PeZ

PeZ New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    the war is what is causing 99% of are problems its called 9 trillion dollar debt. are dollar is falling fast because of this. milk is 4 dollar a gallon because we are exporting so much too china because there milk supply was tainted

18. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    A South Korean container ship hit the SF bay bridge Wednesday night, spilling 58,000 gal. of oil. Another damaged coastline. :sad2:

19. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    Alaska sends most of it's oil to Japan. I have seen all of the oil wells in central Illinois pumping again, at least all of them on interstate 72. Opec is not the one driving up the oil prices, it's the stock raiders manipulating the Market. We have gone from a supply and demand system to a stock driven system, and we are at the mercy of wallstreet. Later Andy

20. Baitkiller

Baitkiller New Member

State:
    Akron, Ohio
    Its our politicians that we can thank. Not sure if it is MT or Wyoming BUT if we were to turn OUR KNOWN coal reserves ONLY IN THAT STATE into Gas, etc there is enough there for the whole country to last us over 400 yrs....and @ under $40 per barrel.

IF we wanted to we could be the #1 exporter of oil in the world :wink:

All we need is a few good leaders....:crazy: and I don't see any runnin yet!!!!

:confused2::confused2::confused2: