120lb Flathead

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by Bullfoot, Feb 9, 2009.

1. Bullfoot

Bullfoot New Member

State:
    Kansas
    120 lb from a Kansas farm pond last weekend?

2. Bullfoot

Bullfoot New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Has anyone seen the email about it? Its got a copy right so i cant post it. The guy was offered 32,000 dollars a guess if it was alive, 22,000 if dead. But he cut it up:sad2: so guess what he got? 0.00:eek:oooh:

3. iFish

iFish New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Any pictures?

4. warcraft1975

warcraft1975 New Member

i would have to see the pics on it to beleive it

5. warcraft1975

warcraft1975 New Member

it would take one huge and very old farm pond to produce a flathead of that size

6. opposum

opposum Active Member

State:
    Missouri
    I live in the Show Me State. Show me the pics. Please.

7. rush_60

rush_60 New Member

State:
    Troy, KS
    Is the email from a credible source?

8. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I believe there are flats that big for sure. I cant beleive someone would cut one up that size. What a waste!:sad2:

9. Bullfoot

Bullfoot New Member

State:
    Kansas
    sorry but it says that it is copy righted? i dont want to get in trouble. I was hoping someone else had it too.

10. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    can you post a link where we can go to look at it? From your scroll down bar from your e-mail?

11. gdlocal10

gdlocal10 New Member

State:
    kansas
    I sure would like to see that fish,Ill bet it is huge

12. Bullfoot

Bullfoot New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I cropped the people out of the pic so here it is. it was directly beside the people not in front of them!

Attached Files:

13. opposum

opposum Active Member

State:
    Missouri
    Very tough to get a guesstimate with out anything to compare it to. Definitely a big fish. Length and girth would help.

14. Bullfoot

Bullfoot New Member

State:
    Kansas
    It is hard for me to believe too but look at the hat and hands? Im telling ya this is a big fish. I hope someone else has info.

15. Bullfoot

Bullfoot New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I just got message it should be in the Salina Journal this week. Let me know if you see it there.

16. kmcalester

kmcalester Active Member

State:
    Kansas City
    I want to see picture's of this:

17. jrack1

jrack1 New Member

State:
    mo.
    i see your nickname is ( Bull ) did i tell you about the one that sank my boat in the Mississippi below lock 25 it had to be bigger.

18. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    Its true 120# flat from a farm pond cought on a bass lure. got the story from my friend at work whos brother was there. i guess the pond is close to the lake that overflowed into the pond douring a flood cant remember the name of the lake but i know were. he showed me the pic on his phone that his brother sent him same fish thats posted 100% guarrented and its BIG. and he said it was 10k alive 5k dead. hes gonna call him tommrow to get all the details. and i heard his story before i read this thread so i know its true :eek:oooh::eek:oooh::crazy::wink::cool2:

19. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    Found the pics on the web so here they are not cropped.
    The post said it was caught in North Central Kansas on saturday from a farm pond.

more from the web

It took over an hour before he got it to shallow water. He caught it on 17lb test, and an ugly stick rod. It broke the line when he got it to the bank, and he bailed in the water and drug it in. He was just taking the kids out to practice fishing because it was a nice day, he really didnt think they would even get a bite. The water is still really cold here for fishing.

Cabelas offered him 22,000$ for it if it was intact, but he had fileted it an hour before.

Attached Files:

20. unclebuncle

unclebuncle New Member

State:
    Humboldt,K
    I can believe fish that big the world record came out of Elk City lake 123lbs.