120 Pound Digital Scale ( OCS-2 )

Discussion in 'Fishing Weighing Scales' started by DeerHunter01, Mar 22, 2006.

1. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Well I did it and I got my scales yesterday in the mail. First of all this is :

Portable
    Electronic Weight Scale sold in Australia,
    50kg or 120 pounds
    It displays in Kg and or Pounds too
    It has a energy-Saving Auto shut off
    It has a calibrating system on it 3 easy steps to calibrate your scale
    It is built with the most metal I have seen in a scale, very sturdy unit and can fit into the palm of your hand.
    Unit has two Battery's to run.

Negatives
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. First Problem = When I opened it the battery's were dead, it seems when it was shipped it sat on the on button the entire time.

Answer = Sent wife to store got two battery's, easy to find at Wally world
    battery is a - CR2032

2. Kind of a area of concern = Unit has a small handle to hold, but you can get four fingers into it, if the fish weighs alot I am sure it will hurt hands.. lol

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Positives

1. Sturdy unit better then I have ever bought yet

2. Easy to use

3. Costs very good $45.00 AUD $33.00 USA

4. Tested the scale: I have tried this on everything I know the weight on, and it is 100% on the button. If I could weight my wife some how I would..lol

5. On and Off Button very nice and even says Hello to you

6. Unit is what I was looking for, I give it a A+ so far. and it is compact and easy to store in your boat or tackle box.

7. For the money I would suggest this to all members wanting to go over the 50 Pound scale systems.

If you are interested in this system you can PM me for the information, I am not any part of this company or do I want to be, but this is a item I have had a very hard time finding to weigh fish. So far its nice.

Below is several photos of the unit.

Thanks Deerhunter01

2. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Scale photo, here is the last photo of it. Enjoy

3. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    I've had mine for a year or so, and I'm pretty happy with it too. It's rock solid, and accurate.

Biggest Gripe:
    The auto shutoff after 30 seconds seems pretty short when you are fishing by yourself and trying to get a picture of the weight of the fish. Believe me, I struggled with this several times. But for normal use, it's just fine.

2nd Biggest Gripe
    Lost my first one in the Missouri River and had to buy another one :mad:

4. Rat

Rat New Member

State:
    Forrest Illinoi
    DH, that's the first digital scale I've seen that weighs that high. Glad you found one.
    On that handle, I wonder if some of that small pipe insulation would fit it snugly to keep a 90 lb blue from digging into your fingers?
    (Rumor has it a 90 lber is close in your future)
    Rat

5. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    LOL, not if I get my fish truck back!!! LOL

6. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Pretty optimistic if ya ask me. Ya catch a couple of big fish and rite away ya gotta run to the scale store and get a new one. If I was the mrs. I would have told ya to go get your own dam battery. LOL!

NICE SCALE BAWANA! I HOPE YA PEG IT OUT!

7. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    Thanks for the info DH...hope you limit that one out this year and have to find something bigger Buddy.:)

8. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    'Coarse with Stoney the fish handler laid up and DH's big ol' sausagey fingers unable to get a grip on the handle and his bad back there is no way DH is going to be able to land and weigh a fish that big. So, Eric, if you want a fine physical specimen like myself to come be your scale boy, it'll cost you:p :p :p . Got to love that optimism though...W

9. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    DH now you just need to get out there and catch a fish big enough to test them out.
    I need one.
    You have a PM..
    Pete
    P.S. I think the fish truck will be at pickwick this weekend.

10. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Pete: I just had the driver come in the house and said he got a call from Bryan, and he was being a cheap @$$ over payment for him to drive down there. So I think he said he will stay here with me and fish some local water this weekend, he said theres another fish out here with my name on it, like Rat said. So good luck, I hope you and Bob get a nice one.. :p :) :p

11. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Thanks for posting about the scale, Eric. Sure hope it doesn't put a jinx on your goals. ;)

12. Catbird

Catbird New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, Ohio
    PM sent here also. Thanks for sharing the good deal!

13. TeamCatHazzard

TeamCatHazzard New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Deerhunter thats a good looking scale! I may have to talk to you sometime about where to order one of those because like you said for $33 you cants beat it. I have a gravity scale now on my rapala locjaw but that would be really nice to have. I guess it weighs to the ounce as well? Really neat looking scale and a great price too! Let us know how it works for you cuz I man be interested in one. Thanks for sharing!

14. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    you guys are welcome, I think I got everyone there E-Mails that sent if you dont have it send back to me. The more I mess with it the more I like it.

15. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    What good are those scales going to do ya??? I believe the record already outwieghs yer scales, So If you got a record how ya gonna know? These are some fine points for you to ponder upon! All kidding aside, I have been looking for a set like that and would appreciate the info. Nice set of scales DH, now go max'em out. Mac :)

16. Catbird

Catbird New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, Ohio
    Eric, thanks for the PM with the info.

17. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Has any of you bought one of these yet ? Just checking to see if any of you followed through with it ..

18. catfishcentral

catfishcentral New Member

State:
    OK
    I bid on them twice and was outbid by one dollar each time. They sold for 30.00 and 31.00 in AU money somewhere around 23.00 or 24.00 in American.

19. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    catfishcentral

just to let you know I had done the same thing but I think it cost me just about 35.00 U.S., I think my total was 45.00 AUD if I remember right. but for the unti that I have its well worth it.

20. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    SO what happened here who all got one and whats your thoughts ??