120 force

Discussion in 'Bubba's Outboards' started by master_cat, Apr 18, 2007.

1. master_cat

master_cat New Member

State:
    tennessee
    i have good compression and i think my boat needs to be idled up but i dont know how to do it

2. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

State:
    MO
    My standard advice:

You need a proper service manual if you're going to work on your own motor. Adjustment procedures like setting the idle are clearly explained in the manuals.

Check online or local shops for Seloc or Clymer brand books for your make/model. Around $20 or so.

Bob or Bubba will no doubt be along shortly to explain the procedure to you, but you can often save yourself a lot of time and headache by referring to the service manual first and using the experts here for the really hard questions.

3. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    Why do you think it needs idled up?

4. Cutter

Cutter New Member

State:
    Hickory, NC
  5. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    ok,

Idling it up does not neccesarily fix the problem. Something is causing the stalling in gear. It didn't always do that.

It's not compression, so what else could it be. BTW, how long before you get your manual?

6. master_cat

master_cat New Member

State:
    tennessee
    here is wat it does in detail it starts fine and when u got the throtal up to warm it up it does that when u push that lever back down to take off it dies
    if u leave it up just a little it drives fine but its posed to be all the way down thats why i thoght it needed to be ideled up

7. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    A manual will give you in detail how your engine needs to be set up as far as the sync and link. If it's set up correctly it should idle fine when warmed up. if it dies then you may have another problem.

Early in the year one of those problems can be dirty carbs from setting through the winter. Idleing it up might help, but it also might not correct the real problem.