120 Bluegills Caught in 4 Hours in South Indiana!

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by Wickedbreed, May 9, 2006.

1. Wickedbreed

Wickedbreed New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Went to a spot here in southern indiana today from noon till about 4 and caught 116 gills from itty bitty to about 11\2 #'s and one that was 3#'s he was fun to get in brought home about 30 for bait...so if anyone is interested this way i would be glad to have some partners there!

2. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    What part of Southern Indiana Bo? I might be able to meet up someday. I have too many things going on right now to meet up soon, but maybe once I get stuff done we could.

3. Wickedbreed

Wickedbreed New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Hey mark im down here in Evansville and anytime you would like to go just mail me and we will do it....its a pretty clean lake and have seen bunch of bass in there if you may be into that too

4. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Wickedbreed

are you aware the state record bluegill in your state is 3lbs.4 oz man your getting close to that state record.

5. MadKater

MadKater New Member

State:
    Evansville,IN
    dang! 3# is a monster bluegill,id like to get into some gills of that size,give me a holler sometime and we can go out. i live on the west side of Evansville and am avaliable to fish anytime on the weekdays between 8am-2pm or any time on the weekends..ive got a baitwell system i can through in the back of my truck to keep any gills you would want to keep alive for bait and also have a couple large bait tanks set up in my garage...give me a holler.

6. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    Bo I'm two hrs away. I might have to put off some stuff and see if I can't catch a 3lb'er. Evansville is half way between my daughter and I. I can fish and then have her meet me there. Kill two birds with one stone. She went to UE and USI the last two years and she has friends there.
    I'll see what I can do.

7. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Way to go Bo, that's a load of gills. I've probably had days of like 60 or 70 fish, but never over a 100. And a 3lber, man you were just a few ounces off the state record. If you ever break that record, you better let us all know.

8. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    man thats a big gill! would like to see the pictures of that hog. a few ponds around me stocked those georgia giants. cant wait till they get full size and snap some photos of the ol scumster holding them. lol

9. BIGCAT GarryEads

BIGCAT GarryEads Head Cheese of the USCA!

State:
    Francisco Ind
    Bo, that is one BIG gill ,I have been doing Taxidermy for 21 years .
    I have never seen one that big. Hope you have some pic of him.
    I have done some 2 and 2 1/4 lb 'ers they are big. I had the highest
    scoring fish in World taxidermy competition in the amateur division.
    I used two bluegills for it. That was 8 or 9 years, ago they are fun to do.:tounge_out:

BIGCAT GarryEads

10. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    Bigcat do you have any pics of your award winning fish? I'd like to see them.

11. Catmaster

Catmaster New Member

State:
    SE Kansas
    Wow! Thats alot of bait. I have a pond like that by my house where I go catch all my bait for the river. All I have to do is through my net out once and I have all of the bait you need.

12. Wickedbreed

Wickedbreed New Member

State:
    Indiana
    guys i know this will sound crazy but i didnt take a picture i figured why bring the camera im just blue gill fishing.....took my baby sister to the spot lastnight and we caught about 65 in 2 1/2 ..3 hrs none were huge a couple #'s @ biggest but it is good enough here that when working with a kid and a their pole you cant have another pole out because as soon as you throw out you have a fish....everytime! i havent traveled the whole lake yet but plan to soon ....anyone wanting to go just pm me and we will set a date and time!

13. BIGCAT GarryEads

BIGCAT GarryEads Head Cheese of the USCA!

State:
    Francisco Ind
    Mark, Yes I have some I will fine them. I am at work in ILL.
    I will be back home in IN next week. I will look for them then .

BIGCAT GarryEads:smile2:

14. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    I live in Philadelphia, PA but my parents live in Evansville. I will be home in August for about 10 days. If any of you guys wanna a "tag-along" within those days, let me know. Thanks

15. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    Sounds like there are a few guys wanting a part of them bluegills. Why don't we get a bluegill gathering going for August when Blacky comes in. Anyone interested?
    Looking forward to the pics Bigcat.

16. Wickedbreed

Wickedbreed New Member

State:
    Indiana
    yes we can def do that.....just happen to know a GREAT cat spot too where there have been 60lb flats pulled outta there i have personally seen and 60-100 # spoonbill.....if anyone wants to bring a boat with em......last time i went i had seen a cat with a dorsal fin about 2 ft tall and it was just a huge huge fish!!!

17. kyblue49

kyblue49 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    id like to see the flathead you could catch on a 3# gill

18. Wickedbreed

Wickedbreed New Member

State:
    Indiana
  19. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    What lake is this? How far from E-ville?

20. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    I may have to brin my boat when i come down to sign the book at l.u.16. I like big gills. nd little ones too. did you keep the 3# or put her back?