12 footer

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by phillipv, Jul 8, 2008.

1. phillipv

phillipv New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Im looking to buy a couple 12ft casting rods...ive looked at the 11' cat maxx's. Are there any others out there? and some links to purchase

2. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    Ugly makes a twelve...you can find it at Cabela's or BassPro.

3. wneubauer

wneubauer New Member

State:
    McKinney, TX
    I have an American Rodsmith 12 foot heavy surf rod. Works great with my Squidder in the surf. $55.00 at Academy as I recall. I like it. (Won't need it until winter around here, though...)

4. Baitkiller

Baitkiller New Member

State:
    Akron, Ohio
    Phil u have used 12 footers before??

:0a21:

IF Not and it is for the Ohio River and the large Flatheads u may want to try some out before the puchasing of two.

I'm no expert but using 10 footers on the Ohio River with a 2-8 oz lure weight it maybe very hard to cast out LARGE Baits of whole 10 inch Shad and a 6 oz sinkers. I don't know but just tryin to look out fer ya.

Also the L O N G E R the rod the more u r on the the wrong side of the lever with bigger fish.

Yes one can cast farther with a longer rod but only to a point with heavy weights being tossed.

:0a26:

5. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Diawa makes a nice selection of surf rods in spinning or casting. Some are very reasonable.

6. phillipv

phillipv New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I have used a few 12ft rods before...I really dont fish to many places that have the current to be using 6oz weights. I mainly fish various pay lake tournaments where getting your rig in the right spot is sometimes the difference between cashing and not. I do fish the Muskingum river some in SE Ohio but I normally use my ugly's from the boat for that

7. D_Weezy

D_Weezy Active Member

State:
    Cadiz, Ohio
    Name:
    Dale
  8. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,