12-4 Milford

Discussion in 'KANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by sand rat, Dec 5, 2009.

1. sand rat

sand rat New Member

State:
    kansas
    Well it was 13 deg. when we got to the lake! Got all dressed up on the ramp. Backed the boat in and hit the key and er-er-er the old Johnson was cold, er- er-er she went again and finely hit, good girl. Let her warm up and we idled out of School Creek. A little cold I thought, till we got on plane! Damn its been awhile since I've fished this cold, Face went to instant HURT, good thing I was only going about a 1/2 mile up the lake.

Started drifting along a rock bluff where the river bumped the bank. I had a good feeling that today was the day for a BIG Blue, Blues are supposed to turn on in cold weather, supposed to get your biggest blues in cold weather, well I don't think I'll fish any colder!

We drifted till about 11:00 and not one hit. Well lets anchor up and see if they want a still bait. Down went the anchor 50ft of water, fan cast out the rods and set back, and said Damn I think it's warmed up.

At 12:00 the Port side rod went straight out almost level. #1 son grabbed the rod and smiled, I said good one, he said yep, and started bringing her to the boat. About half way to the boat, the Blues god shinned, and she shook off. S#$%, my heart sank! Well guys that was the only bite we had all day. But we learned something, Bare damp hands will stick to drift bars, damp coveralls will freeze your butt to bare aluminum, and no I didnt stick my tongue to the drift bar!!!

Sand Rat

2. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    There is always next time.:smile2: You need a Mr Heater Big Buddy.:wink:
    Enjoy our posts Travis. Hope to see you at a gathering sometime?

3. catwhisper

catwhisper New Member

State:
    georgia
    sounds cold but fun!

4. unclebuncle

unclebuncle New Member

State:
    Humboldt,K
    cold and fun dont go in same sentence:eek:oooh:

5. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Travis sorry you guys lost that fish.Sounds like you had a good one.

Sorry I missed your call last night but I turned in early.:crazy:

I had planned to go to Milford today,had bait and everything but the winds scared me away.

Thanks for your report still a lot of fishing left though.:cool2:

6. sand rat

sand rat New Member

State:
    kansas
    n2fishn, I called you when we hit Topeka on the way home. You didnt call back so I figured you hit the bed early so you could hit the lake in the morning. Didn't leave you much help. I was hoping to hear how your day went.

Wind on Milford isn't much fun, had a few white knuckle rides in my Ranger back during my bass tournament days. My boat know doesn't have enough HP or trim and tilt so I have to pick and choose my days too.

Looks like the Mo. guys did ok last night. I might have to head to Truman the first of the year?

By the way that fish hit a piece of shad with dead red on it.

Sand Rat

7. flattymatty

flattymatty New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    Tom, you're gonna have to let me know the next time you head out to Milford. I was out there yesterday and sat all afternoon with Jim in his jeep. Had some great conversation, but no action on the lines. That wind was colder than a "B" too:wink:. Anyway, you live right here in Topeka as well, I'm just wondering how come we haven't gone fishing together yet. PM me sometime and we can trade numbers, maybe get out there sometime. I'm like you...cold don't really bother me and it ain't so bad to be out in it. Let's fish!!:cool2:

8. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Pm Sent Mat.......

Yes lets get together and go wack some cats.