12/31/07 Ohio river report

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by e'villeman, Dec 31, 2007.

1. e'villeman

e'villeman New Member

State:
    Evansville, Indiana
    Went out today with the whole "CLAN" and landed 9 decent cats ~ river was super swift and real choppy could anchor nowhere just floated me around. I found some cover from the current we started reeling them in, ended up being a real nice day

HRMM ERROR IN UPLOAD FOR PICS..GRRR!!

2. dankitch

dankitch New Member

State:
    Henderson,
    Walt andI went to Diamond Island today to do a little fishing. We had no luck. I think we got 2 or 3 bites total today. I knew I should have stayed in the Henderson area today.

3. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    all i have been able to catch is some darn channels its amazing how a 2 pound channel can get a 10/0 hook and a big ole slab of skipjack in its mouth...

4. e'villeman

e'villeman New Member

State:
    Evansville, Indiana
    Heres those pics (all were CPR'ed) we were just out to have fun!

12-31-07 (1).jpg

12-31-07 (2).jpg

12-31-07 (3).jpg

5. e'villeman

e'villeman New Member

State:
    Evansville, Indiana
    i have a 15gal. livewell onboard ~ i keep this up may need to install a bigger one..:p

6. fcrnnngbck25

fcrnnngbck25 New Member

State:
    Lafayette, Indi
    I wish i lived down near the ohio river <_<

7. BigCATDADDY01

BigCATDADDY01 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Hey Roger, My name is Adam I fish quite a bit up around Cannelton didnt do much good last year Im gonna try some winter fishin this year. I was wonderin if you have ever fished down by the grain belt, I think its by Dogtown but Im not sure, If ya have is it worth my drive to try it out?

8. e'villeman

e'villeman New Member

State:
    Evansville, Indiana
    I found some dikes i'm going to try when the weather wrms up some around evansvilleand going to try down around dogtown some. will let ya' know the outcome when i get some more information.:wink:

9. dankitch

dankitch New Member

State:
    Henderson,
    Adam, the Henderson/Evansville area is an awesome place to fish for some big blues. There are many people here on the BOC from this area. I'm sure any of us would more than welcome you to a trip on the river sometime and show you around.

10. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    a lot of smaller cats are caught around the grain bins but you are within 1/2 mile either way of some good holes that produce fish for alot of the local members here..

11. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    yea what danny said...:big_smile::wink: