12/29/07 - Got some nice ones!!!

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by Katmaster Jr., Dec 30, 2007.

1. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    My Dad's out of town so it was my first trip ever on Lake Gaston without him....since I don't have my license yet I had to invite one of my friends to go so I could get to the lake. We ended up fishing from like 3am to 5pm!!! A lot of the time was spent riding around looking for the fish, or trying to anchor which was very hard because one of the anchors broke off! Ended up not even being able to anchor where I found the most fish, so did a lot of thinking and ended up coming up with the idea to check around the end of docks in deep water because I could tie up to the pilands on them, found two docks with excellent structure within casting distance of them, and a lot of fish on the depth finder, kept going back and forth from one to the other and ended up getting a 25 pounder, 15 pounder, bunch of 5 pounders, and had one HUGE one break my line on a whole Crappie.

Here the pictures of the bigger fish, I hope to find a way to go again before Wednesday when I go back to school, anyone want to fish? lol

Attached Files:

2. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    You need to move closer Zakk LOL.
    Nice fish man!
    Don't forget to take another anchor or a big rock tomorrow... :big_smile:

3. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Nice fish Zakk. Glad you remembered how to operate the boat and bait the hook.:smile2:

4. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Go Zakk! Kickin' butt without your Dad! :wink: Way to figure out where the fish were and how to attack them without the anchor! :cool2:Nice pics and I hope to see many more of your reports! :big_smile:

5. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Thanks so much guys. :smile2:

Good news, I'm going tonight! No where sells big anchors around here, got a big cinder block though, I don't know if it will do a very good job, but it's got to be better than nothing, I know it's not very windy out tonight though.

6. rspd507

rspd507 New Member

State:
    Rising Sun,IN
    Zakk,
    Thanks for sharing your report and the pics of the nice fish. rspd507

7. tomflatcat

tomflatcat New Member

State:
    Hampstead, NC
    Looks like ya'll had a very good day of fishing.

8. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Thanks guys, ended up going again last night, caught tons of fish but none over 10 pounds. Still was a great time!

9. anchorpuller

anchorpuller New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Zakk,

You give the young generation a good name! I would be proud as a peacock to have a son like you. Nice fish and a great way to spend some time with friends.

10. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Very nice Blue Catfish.

11. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Thanks for the pics! I hope that you get out there and get the one that broke you line:wink:.

12. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    Some nice fish Zakk, I haven't talked to you in a while.
    Wished I was back in N.C. I'd take you buddy.

:big_smile:

13. curdog

curdog New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Arkansas
    Thats some real nice fish,way to go. Thanks for sharing.