12/28 on the Potomac River

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by BIG GEORGE, Dec 28, 2007.

1. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Hit the Potomac today with #1 son. Hes home on leave so I had to get em out. Locked up with some decent blues today. Big chunks of fresh shad on 10/0 kahle hooks. River was like a sheet of glass with a real lite chop as the day progressed and the clouds rolled in. As usual the tide dictated where to fish. Water temp was a cool 41 degrees and the air temp was about the same. Only time it got a bit chilly was when we moved. Deepest fish caught was at about 45 feet and he was burped before returnin to his home. LOL! Fish came from a wide variety of depths. From the teens on up to 45 to 50 feet. It was a great day. As usual heres some pics to bore ya. LOL!

Attached Files:

2. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    A few more LOL!

Attached Files:

3. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Ain't done yet LOL!

Attached Files:

4. rspd507

rspd507 New Member

State:
    Rising Sun,IN
    Congrats to you and your son on your awesome day of fishing. Looks like you ahd a blast out there. Thanks for the report and the pics, we sure enjoy them. rspd507

5. vlparrish

vlparrish New Member

State:
    Bedford, Kentucky
    George, congrats to you and your son. You guys flat tore em up. Days like that will forever stick in your mind. Vern

6. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Holy cow George! :crazy: You and your son got into some real hogs! :big_smile: Great report and real nice pics! Thanks for postin'! I'm gonna have to take a ride over to Jersey! :wink:

7. Ruger 454

Ruger 454 Member

State:
    LaGrange Kentucky
    Nice fish George,that brings back memories for me I caught my first blue in the Potomic up at Ft.Belvoir when I was stationed there 20 yrs ago.Thanks

8. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Very nice fish, Big George, As always.

9. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Greer, SC
    Name:
    Pat Chaney
    Holy Moly, George, you & your son were slayin'em :crazy: Obviously a late xmas present from the catfish gods!!!

10. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Very nice!! what a way to spend the day, on the water with yer son, and well the hogs were just extra......... Great pics thanks for sharing them!
    Randy

11. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Awesome fish, Big G!

If the Big D was like that, I wouln't need to hit the Skuke:wink:

12. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Another good day on the water:cool2:. Thanks for sharing BG, looks like ya'll got into some good ones.