12-27 fishing trip

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by riverhobo85, Dec 27, 2008.

1. riverhobo85

riverhobo85 New Member

State:
    VA
    i will start of by stating it. no one will believe this one. i promise it is true though. now for the fishing report. got on the water by 10:30 am and fished till dark in our main spot. met up with with another fishing buddy at the spot. we caught nothing for the first 2 and a half hours, then all the fish turned on. we caught a few fish between 5 and 10 lbs in the next hour and a half. around 2:45 we heard a lot of dogs on the bank so we went to check it out. some one had shot the deer and the dogs had chased the deer into the river. we went over to the deer which was still alive and thrashing as it slowly bled out. we hit it over the head with the lead filled baseball bat we carry for really big fiesty fish and hauled him into the boat. turned out to be an 8 point buck. that ended the day. all fish were released but the deer was kept and butchered about 2 hours ago. i will be eating it soon. who ever heard of such a thing, going fishing and coming home with a deer. all in all a decent day.

2. 66TBONE

66TBONE New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Meat in da freezer! OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHhYYYYYYEEEAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. 66TBONE

66TBONE New Member

State:
    Virginia
    AS at 7 am this morn........ I counted 14 deer in my back yard as i drank a cup of coffee!!!! most where within shotgun range....... I sat and talked to them 4 real!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 they just look at me and laugh!!!!!!!11111

4. Powhatan

Powhatan New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Good job on the meat in the freezer. We put out of DG about 8 yesterday and almost hit a deer crossing the river.. They were out and about yesterday.

5. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy Active Member

State:
    Virginia
    Things have really changed. When I was a kid growing up in Bedford County, if we found deer tracks on our farm it was a huge deal. Seeing a deer once every couple of years was an enormous treat. Now days there are so many deer up there, they are considered a plague. We shoot them year round with special permits from the state. We can't seem to thin them down.

6. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I am not sure what you did is right. The hunter that shot that deer would have been trailing it and trying to find it for himself. I do not approve