12/24/07 pictures

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by samh, Dec 25, 2007.

1. randallewis

randallewis New Member

State:
    Louisiana --Shreveport
    Great pics. I didn't realize that shedding started this early. I guess its a long way from your spot in Ark. to down here in La.

2. samh

samh New Member

State:
    Damascus,Arkansas
    Shed'n is a funny thing, I've seen them shed by Christmas and then the same year some of them not shed till the end of Feb. or early March.

3. randallewis

randallewis New Member

State:
    Louisiana --Shreveport
    I hope you keep posting those pics. all year. Old whats his name want shed his and I'm curious to know what he does all summer. Looks like you had a great camp and I hope you and your family have a great holiday season and a good 2008.

4. samh

samh New Member

State:
    Damascus,Arkansas
    Yep, old IT never changes much, in the 4 years I've got picture of "IT", it's never shed or changed in the head gear department much. It has grown though, 4 years of hit'n the feeders has put a body on it. We've still never seen "IT" in person, even though it lives right here in the middle of the main farm and get's it's picture taken often ( year round for 4 years). The 2 feeders it hits are 1/2 mile north of my house and 200 yards south of the house, but It has never been seen or got a picture it's taken in the daytime, totally nocturnal.

5. fishnfool68

fishnfool68 New Member

State:
    Near Tulsa Oklahoma
    I always look forward to your photos Sam."It" sure is an odd deer.Is "It" a doe with weird horns?

6. samh

samh New Member

State:
    Damascus,Arkansas
    Don't know, that's why we call it "IT".

7. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Interesting to say the least thats for sure, you make the feeders? interesting also, they just gravity feed pipe? yes very interesting critter. Thanks for all the pics to see.

8. samh

samh New Member

State:
    Damascus,Arkansas
    Yep, the feeders are just 4 inch PVC pipe with a 90 ,and a short piece of pipe cut in half longways, on one end and a cap on the other, will hold about 5 pounds of feed per foot.