12/18 Hartwell report

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by JimmyJonny, Dec 18, 2008.

1. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    I decided it was to nice out last night to stay home so I hit banks of Hartwell to do some full-time cattin . Got out around 2:30am ,set up in the mud , and waited it out. No hits till 5am and then this #23 blue on a white perch gut decided he wanted to have his picture took . After releasing him the bite was pretty steady until around 9:30am. Caught a few dinks and a few around #2 , both blues and channels . All the other fish took cut herring , only the 23 took the perch .

The water was pure stained and shallow , and oddly , I didn't see any bait at all , no birds...nothing,,but the fish were there . No pb's but I'm sure glad I made it out .

I was in the picture taking mood ....so here ya go; )

http://usera.ImageCave.com/JimmyJonny/100_3106.jpg

http://usera.ImageCave.com/JimmyJonny/100_3105.jpg

#23 Blue
    http://usera.ImageCave.com/JimmyJonny/100_3100.jpg

http://usera.ImageCave.com/JimmyJonny/100_3101.jpg

-Jim-

2. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Looks like you had a successful trip! I admire you for fishin' those weird hours by yourself. That's what it takes to catch fish, getting up and going! We fished our local DNR Lake Wallace here for about three hours last night. Only got one bite. Hung him and he got wrapped up in something on the bottom. The lake was as slick as glass. I never have much luck when things are that still. Had a good time anyhow.
    BB in SC

3. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    JJ, Nice catch my friend! The Hartwell night stalker stikes again:wink:

4. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    Thanks for the report Jim. Glad you caught some fish and got out for some cattin'

5. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    Way to go, Jimmy! The Night Stalker - I like that :big_smile:

6. CarolinaCatJack

CarolinaCatJack New Member

State:
    Travelers Rest,
    Hey, great job, Jim! Glad to hear you went out and had some fun. Did all that rain make any kind of noticeable difference to the water level up there?

7. fishmccall

fishmccall New Member

State:
    Anderson sc
    Man, u are hard core! If everyone fished as hard as u, there would be not one single fish left in Hartwell. Great job and keep the reports coming.

8. JimmyJonny

State:
    sc
    It didn't make much difference really . My guess is there wasn't enough run-off , we had the rain but the ground soaked it up . Some of the creeks aren't as muddy as they should be...lack of run-off.

-Jim-

9. CarolinaCatJack

CarolinaCatJack New Member

State:
    Travelers Rest,
    Greenwood filled up a little bit, but I was looking from the road. You were out there with Patman. I think he said that it had come up some.....

10. MUDHOLE KID

MUDHOLE KID New Member

State:
    Anderson,S.C.
    Good Job Jimmy.

The water has come up 1.80 feet since the 9th.............Clarks Hill has come up 2.96 since the 9th. The Hill is on the rise.:big_smile:

11. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    I really hope Hartwell continues to gain water. I hope to spend some time there this year for the first time. It's an awesome catfishery and I hate that it is in bad shape. If it doesn't get better in time, I'll have to move my camping trip else where. I think my friend JJ and I could put a spank'n on some cats if I could launch a boat.:big_smile: What ya say JJ!
    Everybody pray for rain!

12. JimmyJonny

State:
    sc
    Yes Sir.... I'm looking forward to it ; )

-Jim-

13. Redneck in a Skiboat

Redneck in a Skiboat New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I was over at 18 mile creek this morning, and there were a few people putting in. The extended ramp looks good. If it had I dock, I'd give it a try. I'd have to re-winterize that inboard.

14. BAREFOOTFISHN

BAREFOOTFISHN New Member

State:
    SC
    Nice catch I like to get out there late at night as well. All ways a good time to reflect and catch some good fish as well.