12-14 Catfishing Report

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by wbtfish, Dec 14, 2007.

1. wbtfish

wbtfish New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Did a little better today. Put in at DG around 4 am, so foggy it took about an hour to get to Jones Neck. Couldn't see anything. Was headed to Deep bottom for bait, but gathered enough near Woodson's Rock. First set gave a 34 lber. 2nd set gave up a 41 lber. Fished several more places all the way down to Tar Bay. Caught about twenty between 2 and 20 lbs. Last set gave up a 33 lber. Had another fish on at the same time as the 33, but had to put it back in the rod holder. It ended wrapping me around something. I had to cut the line. I was in a white 19' Mako CC. I think I saw a couple of you today. Maybe try again Sunday.

2. caveman

caveman New Member

State:
    va
    sounds like a good day!

i hope to make deep bottom maybe sunday?

vaughn

3. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    Great job man! A couple citations in the boat sounds like a good trip to me! I'll be on the James next Friday and Saturday. I hope I can finally find the big fish this trip, something I haven't been able to do in a while.

4. justlearning

justlearning New Member

State:
    VA
    Hey Josh.....My boss Stanley and myself will be there Dec 21st & 22nd, putting in at Deep Bottom. Hope to be at Deep Bottom by 6-6:30 AM. Maybe we will see you.

Congrats on the catch...Berkley.....any tips you want to share...lol

Jerry

5. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    Looks like we'll be on the river at the same time Jerry.

I'm in a white 16' Cape Craft cc.

My cell is: 434-386-7407. Give me a yell if you need anything out there.

6. justlearning

justlearning New Member

State:
    VA
    Same here Josh...one or both of us will have our cell phones. Don't hesitate to give us a call. I will be on a 17' Crestliner- 2 tone brown & tan. Will be putting in at Deep Bottom on the 21st hopefully by 6:AM.

Stanley's Cell: 434-251-1345
    My Cell: Cell 434-334-4202

7. wbtfish

wbtfish New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Hope to be down thu,fri or sat; or fri and sat. I'll probably put in at DG just because it's the closest to where I keep the boat. Normally go to deep bottom for bait, unless there's plenty on the way. My number is 434-665-3291. May have the radio on 13 as well. Give me a holler.

8. justlearning

justlearning New Member

State:
    VA
    Berkly.....how is the vulture problem in the Dutch Gap area now???....I have have been pretty much staying on 13 on my vhf also.....well I hope all us do well this weekend.... sounds like you have got em figured out.

Jerry

9. wbtfish

wbtfish New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Last couple of times I've been there, I haven't seen any vultures/ buzzards or had any damage. Once I left a bag of trash on back of the truck and ....... I'll never do that again.

10. catfish4fun

catfish4fun New Member

State:
    nc
    where is bait at from ramp at deep bottom or will birds mark it for you

11. catfish4fun

catfish4fun New Member

State:
    nc
    is dutch gap up river from hopewell

12. wbtfish

wbtfish New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Everywhere! Shouldn't have trouble within a couple hundred yards either way. Watch for them surfacing at daylight or watch your depthfinder later in the day. They tend to go deeper as the sun gets higher in the sky. Just like stripers, they are photophobic.

13. Ranger690

Ranger690 New Member

State:
    VA
    Gonna try to fit in one catfish trip, one striper trip and one crappie trip in the next two weeks.

Dayton

14. Ranger690

Ranger690 New Member

State:
    VA
    Dang it. Wrong thread. Supposed to be on the Who's fishing thread.

Sorry.

Dayton