12/14/07 fishing report...

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by e'villeman, Dec 14, 2007.

1. e'villeman

e'villeman New Member

State:
    Evansville, Indiana
    Went out to the Ohio river today and am proud to anounce it is up..no wait .. eer it's WAY WAY WAY UP! You cant launch a boat at evansville plaza nor can you launch at yankeetown but you can at Angel mounds.. River current is super strong to say the least and alot and i mean alot of timber in the river. I decided to bank fish instead and watched as Whole Trees some single and some togethor constantly rolled down the river. I found some cats in the eddies around the banks, good luck to all those who are planning on going out.

2. rspd507

rspd507 New Member

State:
    Rising Sun,IN
    Roger,
    Your not kidding, its way up! I was out on wednesday and man o man, was it moving. The drift was so bad, couldnt even hardly dodge it all. Was able to fish near a hot water discharge that got us out the swift water, finding that the fish were lite biting really bad now. But I guess thats common for this time of year. I never caught any but a guy I fish with often was able to catch a couple decent channels.
    rspd507

3. Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Kentucky
    yall are crraazzzy deticated fisherman , to high for me!!! BE CAREFUL

4. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    what did you catch roger? you fishing the dead water next to the boat ramp?

5. e'villeman

e'villeman New Member

State:
    Evansville, Indiana
    Yup looked for eddies and hooked about a 2lb'er but got off when drift wood ran across the line.... then i went to our little spot but couldnt launch boat so fisshed off the back of that bridge (water was licking over it) and caught a 1 lb'er and a nice 5 lber. Bank fishing is the way to go right now they all up close esting bugs and run-off worms i suppose. St4eve wife says i'm not dedicated but rather obessed with these CATS ~ i have to agree whole heartedly

6. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    shpold have put a couple lines out in the parking lot.... bet you would have caught fish there!!!

7. e'villeman

e'villeman New Member

State:
    Evansville, Indiana
    I might try that tomorrow Adam. You guys still going out tomorrow?

8. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Becareful guys and good luck

9. rspd507

rspd507 New Member

State:
    Rising Sun,IN
    I totally agree Steve, it's too high for me and I believe its still coming up. Dont know that for sure, but it appears that way here in my area above the markland dam. rspd507

10. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    All water runs down hill. I went by the Kankakee and Yellow rivers here in Northern Ind. and they are way up. They usually are not this high till spring.

All our water has to go your way, so the Ohio will be up for a while.

11. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
  12. jamesfish

jamesfish New Member

State:
    indiana
    I HOPE YOU GUYS CATCH SOME BUT BE CAREFUL.THE RIVER IS MOVEING FAST IT IS WAY TO HIGH FOR ME TO BE OUT THERE HAVE FUN AND BE SAFE

13. fishassasin

fishassasin New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    i havent been out in a while ... i need to get out this evening ... who wants to go??? ill bring the bait if u dont have any ok ... im also available friday morning if anyone wants to get out for a bit and catch some fish ... dont know where ... hey adam was thinking about putting my lil boat in the pigeon creek at the canoe ramp ... wondering if there is any good cattin there .

14. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    that place is closed and under water...

15. fishassasin

fishassasin New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    they dont have it gated yet ... i was out there lastnight/evening. the water is way up but seems to be calmer than the river is lol ... u think there is any cats in there?

16. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    yea i have caught them in there when the water is down... it should be pretty calm i cant believe they didnt have the gate closed......