12/0

Discussion in 'Terminal Tackle Review' started by cumberlandcat, Nov 13, 2006.

1. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Does anyone one know where to get some 12/0 circles bps only has 6789's and 10's but I would really like to find some 12's . I think with the bait I am using I am loosin fish because I can't allow enough hook to clear the bait.

2. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Chris, try Cabelas, they carry a Gamakatsu Live Bait HD circle hook that you can get in a 10/0 and a 12/0. And they also have a Gamakatsu Big River Bait hook that comes in 10/0 and 12/0 also. This hook is more like an octopus style hook that has been slightly altered to hold a very large bait. In the description of the Big River hook it states that they work well for large catfish and sturgeon using large baits. Here's a couple links to these hooks. I hope this helps.http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/t...&parentType=index&indexId=cat20291&hasJS=true
    http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/t...&parentType=index&indexId=cat20291&hasJS=true

3. superman

superman New Member

State:
    DeSoto MO
    found some on ebay a while back dont remember the brand but they were real cheap ( buy most of my hooks from there )

4. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    i think catfish connection not positive though.

5. catman872

catman872 Member

State:
    missouri
    Ebay is where i get all my hooks, they have all sizes. Might look in the saltwater part for 12/0.

6. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    thanks guys I think I found what I am lookin for at cabelas.

7. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Chris, which hooks did you wind up choosing?

8. King of the Shad

King of the Shad New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    I will tell you right now big river hooks are extremely sharp and very strong. Best hook out there imo.

9. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    you gotta watch what you get online especially with circle hooks because their really isnt a standard size circle 12/0 of one brand may be 6/0 of another