$$$$$$$

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by Mrs Okie, Jul 1, 2009.

1. Mrs Okie

Mrs Okie New Member

State:
    Okla/Illinois
    I made a trip to OKlahoma and came back to see we now have a new net, new spotlight and the prospect of a new anchor. I got to get Scott off this board before he sends us to the poor house.

Mrs. OKlahoma

2. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    HAHAHAHA!!!!!

He's been bitten by the catfish bug!!! There's no helpin' him as there is no known cure. Trust me, my wife has been searching the jungles of the Amazon in search of the right medicinal mixture to cure me! :crazy::smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2:

3. Mr Okie

Mr Okie New Member

State:
    Okla/Texas
    It's all for you HONEY....just look at the joy on your face in the avatar...

4. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I agree the smile is a give away. The itch is only starting. Enjoy your new love.

5. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Mrs. Okie, think of it like this. My son decided he wanted to get in to drag racing. So while he was serving in Iraq, he had a block built that cost him between 9 and 10 thousand dollars. He has a Mustang with certified chassis and roll cage worth approximately 20 grand. Now he hasnt even had a chance to start putting anything together because he is still in the army. Now how expensive does that net and spotlight look now. :wink::smile2:

6. Mr Okie

Mr Okie New Member

State:
    Okla/Texas
    Bob don't help!!!!!We have been thru the dirt track racing thing also....She is still finding parts that I had hidden and it's been 10 years since we where racing....I guess I better not mention the new cast net. :eek:oooh: :eek:oooh:

Besure to tell your son we appreciate the service and to stay safe....

7. Michael Jake

Michael Jake New Member

State:
    Troy, Missouri

Scott, when your netting a big blue for her and knowing your properly equipped, then the value becomes priceless… This type of fishing carries a price as with any sport, usually it takes loosing a big fish to prompt one into being prepared and equipped for such a moment :crazy::eek:oooh:… your doing it now before such a moment happens… then when she does battle with a big blue, have that video camera ready. :wink:

8. Mr Okie

Mr Okie New Member

State:
    Okla/Texas
    i may not let her use it now :smile2: :smile2: :smile2:

9. Mrs Okie

Mrs Okie New Member

State:
    Okla/Illinois
    Bob, we haven't been thru the drag racing mode YET, but we did the Dirt Track thing for a while. That will empty your wallet pretty fast, too. I will be the first to admit, that I like fishing as well as Scott.(And like it a whole lot better than racing) And he can really con me so well. When we bought the big old 22ft center console, he kept telling me we would have so much room in it for the grandkids and it worked. Everytime he buys a new rod/reel, he buys 2, one for me, when I hear him talking, he says," bout ME 2 new rods." Go figure! The way I look at it, if we spend the money on something that we both enjoy, the kids won't have anything to fight over when we are gone and you know you got to keep peace in the family. :wink:

10. poopdeck [patrick]

poopdeck [patrick] New Member

State:
    ofallon il
    My girlfriend is the same about me spending money for fishing. She says I should be spending the money on a date with her. That is a hell of a choice date or go fishing. The way I see it is either way I am going to come home smelling like a fish.:big_smile:

11. Mr Okie

Mr Okie New Member

State:
    Okla/Texas
    TMI!!!!

12. Mrs Okie

Mrs Okie New Member

State:
    Okla/Illinois
    Dang Patrick, if your girlfriend reads your comments, you may not have to worry about her for long. Why don't you take your girlfriend on a fishing date? You know, clean your boat up, a little moonlight, soft music. What more could a gal ask for?

13. poopdeck [patrick]

poopdeck [patrick] New Member

State:
    ofallon il
    Mrs Okie, she is not brave like you. She is afraid of the river.

14. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    oops!! Didnt mean to strike a nerve. When I tell him how much money he gonna be spending he just says, well you fish tournaments. Guess he kind of has me there.

15. Pipe Rat

Pipe Rat Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    No wonder ya been married 5 times. You gotta quit speaking your mind outloud.:smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2:

16. buckdoe270

buckdoe270 New Member

State:
    Overland, Mo
    Scott are you on a spending freeze ?:crazy:
    sorry to here that.:wink:

17. hillbilly25002000

hillbilly25002000 New Member

State:
    missouri
    hey poopdeck is she afraid of the lakes

18. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Fellow members I believe we have a natural lmfao x 10

19. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Okies, i'm very much looking forward to meeting the both of you. You guys will fit nicely into Gateway and certainly demonstrate why I organized this for the fisherman/woman of St. Louis. Its only a matter of time and you guys will have a fish in the bottom of the boat that you'll just simply collapse and stare at. Its a pleasure to have you sharing your lives and stories with us. Thanks for all the input.

20. Mr Okie

Mr Okie New Member

State:
    Okla/Texas
    We are looking forward to seeing & meeting everyone at the Kids Tourney....I just hope some one has a kid that Mrs Okie can borrow for a day..