115 Mercury

Discussion in 'Bubba's Outboards' started by Bigunz, Oct 15, 2005.

1. Bigunz

Bigunz New Member

I just got my project Lund finished and had it out on the river the other day. My question is, does the 1993, 115HP Mercury charge the battery while it's running??? And, at low RPM the motor seems to have a little vibration and kind of a *miss* sound to it, not a bad one but enough to notice.......as soon as you give it a little tweak on the throttle it responds fine and runs great at full throttle. It's on a 18ft. Lund and it gets that bulky boat movin' jus' fine!!!! Anyone have any ideas for me?!?!?! This is the first motor of this size that I have owned........thanks for all your help!!!! :)

2. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    It might respond good to a carb cleaning. The slight miss could be a bit of a lean condition, along with the vibration.

3. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    Yeah, the motor should charge the battery when it's running. If you have a fish finder attached to the same battery, you ought to be able to see roughly the voltage that's being put across the battery while the engine is running. The service manual details steps for verifying that the charging circuit is working properly.

4. Bigunz

Bigunz New Member

Thanks for the help guys!!!